annoying limit (1 Viewer)

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
far out. why is it that when i do an assignment now, i always go over the word/time limit?? i hate it when this happens. cutting down is so hard. i end up having to chop out all the interesting info, to make sure i don't get marks deducted for 'excessive length'. assholes. i'm actually wishing they had made it a much larger limit, how weird is that.

dammit. i'm so pissed. i'm not even near finished and it's already over the limit. i'm discouraged from continuing now.

i would ask for how you people cut down, but then, i doubt it'll help, because i still wouldn't want to chop anything. so yeah.

/whinge

aaaman

Banned
HSC
grrrr that drives me crazy 2, i just print out the assessment n cut back, it takes alot of paper but its how i do it

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i can think of one thing more annoying....

when u cut your assignment down to fit the limit, hand it in and get back a shit mark because it wasnt detailed enough. All the while, another student who went waaaaay over the limit got full marks for "detailed analysis".....ARGHHHHHHHH i hate that *fumes* I had a teacher who did that. It drove me crazy.

anyway, i'd rather be over the limit than be sitting at the comp not knowing what to write.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
^ that's what i'm afraid of as well. if i cut out all the details, i can't explain it properly. and it doesn't make as much sense, or doesn't flow properly. and it makes me sound less smart

i don't know, but i heard that one of our teachers might have a scanning thingo that tells you how many words it is. somehow. so i was forced to sit in front of the computer so sooo long just to decide on what to cut [last time]. made me so sad, kind of, but more annoyed. all the interesting stuff was gone. and then my assignment is going to sound just the same as everyone else's

i'd rather not know what to write. except probably when i dont know what to write, i'll be like, i wish i was over the limit instead

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Its a skill to write within limits.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
*nods*

Also, it makes your work better: more condensed, more marks.

elisabeth

HSC
I know this isn't the best strategy to take, but I would rather lose a mark for going over the word limit but get full marks for content, because I know I've included it all... this won't help me in uni, but if I slowly improve at making stuff concise... I've written so many essays which are 50% over the word limit :/

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
elisabeth said:
I know this isn't the best strategy to take, but I would rather lose a mark for going over the word limit but get full marks for content, because I know I've included it all... this won't help me in uni, but if I slowly improve at making stuff concise... I've written so many essays which are 50% over the word limit :/
You go over the limit in uni, you'll get markers who will give you a warning first time, to those who will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

elisabeth

HSC
AsyLum said:
You go over the limit in uni, you'll get markers who will give you a warning first time, to those who will come down on you like a ton of bricks.
Yep. Which is why I'm trying to learn to cut down on stuff now when I won't get many marks deducted.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
hehe... its funny really.. If i were u i wouldn't complain about time or word limits.... I wish our teacher took the time limit seriously...

no one ever abides by the time limits for our english speeches.. and nothing ever happens to them... if u abide by the time limit... u get deducted for not memorsing ur speech... If u memorise ur speech u try and cut down.. as to make the task of memorising easier.. which leads to less content which then leads to less marks for not covering everything... even though time limit is perfect...

Our teacher is almost too leniant with time limits for speeches.. it's exteremly annoying... and it usually drives me mad... but then i look at my sig and control myself most of the time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)