ANHS1602 - Greek and Roman Myth (1 Viewer)

anonomis

HSC
hey everyone

im doing this subject in second semester this yr and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what its like...coz im actually doing a BSc (Adv) and i just decided to choose this sub as an elective to get away from science for a bit haha

what do u actually learn about in the course? i know its "greek and roman myth", der, but i hope its not all reading stupid poems and looking at artworks to do with greek/roman mythology and then analysing them...thats kinda boring if thats all u do

so wat do u actually learn in the subject???

thanks heaps for replies :)

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I didn't personally do this subject myself but I heard it's a lot of fun! I think you learn a lot about the different Greek and Roman religions, gods etc and how they became to be those gods?

Either way, I've only heard good reviews about this subject. There's also the subject review thread in the General USyd forum that might have some extra information on this subject!

Scorch

HSC
This subject is kickass. Is Eric Csapo teaching it? He's awesome. It was so much fun when I did it. :)

aneurysm

HSC
I did this subject last year ... overall, I found it to be pretty good. Basically, it's an overview of all the main Greek gods, heroes and all the other cool myths they had. It deals with how they became these gods, what powers they had, and stuff like what the heroes did (e.g. the tasks that Hercules/Herakles had to complete) and other stuff like that. I found the subject matter really interesting, and the textbook was really good as well.

The only complaint I had was that the lectures became really dry after a while - they started out really well, but then became just like every other history lecture where the lecturer doesn't put any excitement into the material. This was odd, because the first few were really good. But ah well.

Overall, it was pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)