Angels & Demons... (1 Viewer)

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
Another book by Dan brown... not as good as the da vinci code.. what do u guys think....

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol, is Dan Brown a new author? Haven't heard of him before Da Vinci Code thingy.

and what is this book about?

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
Grey Council said:
lol, is Dan Brown a new author? Haven't heard of him before Da Vinci Code thingy.

and what is this book about?
i duno if he's a new author

i just finished it!! its so good.. its hard to explain ay... but its got a twiseted ended just like da vince code :)

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Angels and Demons was written before The Da Vinci Code right? I haven't read it yet - but it seems like there are references to A&D in DVC- the events at the Vatican the year before etc..

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
What about the Digitial Fortress and hmm i think there is one or two more?

I think Angels and Demons is just as good. It's just that it's easier to hold the Da Vinci Code in higher regard because some of the characters mentioned are more recognisable (who hasn't heard of Issac Newton, Leonardo Da Vinci or the Mona Lisa??) and the emphasis on religion is more applicable to the average reader. I don't think many people could relate as much to the science and artscapes mention in A&D's

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
there's a fair few. I've read A&D and Da Vinci, theres 3 or 4 other threads on these books.

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
im not religious at all..... but the facts interested me..........

is digital fortress a mystery book as well?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
It's rather unfortunate that all of Dan Brown's books are based on the same general premise. :(

tempco

HSC
Just finished reading Angels and Demons... very awesome.

Gonna pick up Da Vinci Code next... lucky I read A&D first, since DVC seems to have references to A&D :D

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
dan brown has

angels and demons
the da vinci code
digital fortress
deception point

for starters, angels and demons is about langdon's first adventure, which is mentioned a few times in da vinci code through lines such as "its been a year since i nearly died in rome". there is no real advantage to read angels and demons first, just to pick up on a few of the background references.

now, while they are all good reads, they are all essentially exactly the same novel, with different characters placed in a different situation.

instead of a dangerous computer code, there is a meteor, instead of a harvard professor, there is a nsa agent.

that being said, i did read and enjoy all 4 books, but you really arent missing out too much if you just read the da vinci code and never hear the name dan brown again :)

fatmuscle

HSC
omg! dan brown!

Seriously, I hate reading books, but Dan Brown i can't put it down.

I've read nearly all. Just got Da Vinci to go.

read Digital Fortress, Deception point, Angels and Demons and now the last.

After reading Angels and Demons, I made my own ambigram of my name.
I've managed to do 2 pretty alright Ambigrams so far of 'IAN'

if you've done your own, i'd like to see it.
there is a website that does it for you, but not that great...

If you've read Digital Fortress and Deception Point:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU
THE DA VINCI CODE WILL SURFACE

kochou

Still reading it almost finished, I think I like this one more than The Da Vinci Code actually...prolly cos that one was heaps creepy in the first half of the story. But both really good, the first books i read for leisure since LOTR.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Agnes2810 said:
im not sure eh.. i read the dVC first then a&d.....
same. the other dan brown novels weren't very good...there was one about a nasa scam...mostly because he was a newbie then. gotten much much better now though.

HSC
ive read angels and demons and da vinci code. da vinci was better, but i learnt a few things from angels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)