Angel and BtVS (1 Viewer)

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
The way Angel ended the series was good. It ended sending a message which is what the show had always been about. Fight the Good Fight.

The show was always dark. How satisfied would you be if they just finished it all happy? It'd suck. Instead, they go out fighting.

I thought it was excellent.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
yeah but there could've been a better build up to it, it just seemed so random, they're out there monsters everywhere then VOOMP nothing
no catharsis
or pathos

K

katie_tully

kay fags, i have both on dvd and here is the low down;

Seasons 1-3 of Buffy were epic (the high school episodes).
Once they went into college it started to suck a lot, and I fucking hated Dawn so terribly much. All she did was whine. Maybe the last 2 seasons were okay. I cried when Buffy's mum died :(

Angel - I think for the time Angel was on it was definitely better than the last few seasons of Buffy. Not to say Buffy wasn't good but I think Angel was a lot better.

aimeekealy

HSC
katie_tully said:
kay fags, i have both on dvd and here is the low down;

Once they went into college it started to suck a lot, and I fucking hated Dawn so terribly much. All she did was whine. Maybe the last 2 seasons were okay. I cried when Buffy's mum died :(

Angel - I think for the time Angel was on it was definitely better than the last few seasons of Buffy. Not to say Buffy wasn't good but I think Angel was a lot better.
High school seasons were better, riley and dawn shitted me the most in seasons 4 and 5.
I have all 7 seasons of buffy on dvd. cant afford angel.

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
S1-3 BtVS FTW. Angel would have been better if Buffy made more appearances.

"I Will Remember You" eppie in Angel was awesome.

Anyone watch Tru Calling?

magickmidget

HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:

Amen to that. Plus they constantly killed off/got rid of characters that I loved (Tara, Buffy's Mum, Oz, Spike (even if he comes back in Angel), Anya) while they let other characters *cough* Dawn and Riley *cough* live. By season seven it was a lot more bearable though.

blax345

HSC
Both were good shows, but id have to say Angel was my fav. Joss Whedon is a god in my eyes.....Firefly was a great show as well....it deserved a better fate, but atleast we got a movie out of it!

kloudsurfer

HSC
Despite being obsessed with everything Whedon (Firefly FTW!), I have just started getting into Buffy. Got all 7 seasons (30 bucks each cos they were having a sale at work).

Absolutely love it, my favourite episode (so far! im only halfway through season 2!) is Becoming part II. I love 'The Wish', just because we get to see Zander and Willow as badass vamps.

Havnt watched Angel though, i dont really think it would interest me that much (and im too poor and have too slow an internet connection lol).

Btw, if you like Whedon, check out Firefly, it is awesome (i am still devestated that it got cancelled!). I also ordered the Buffy Season 8 comics, hopefully theyll be good!

Last edited:

Bainesy

HSC
firefly, 1 perfect season.
the others had thier highs, but also thier lows

babylupin

HSC
Why does everyone dislike Riley? I'm in the minority of people who actually like the guy, and in my case he's actually one of my favourite characters.

Dawn I can understand, I strongly dislike her...

She is definately annoying.

As for the best Buffy seasons...1-3 are the best, and season four is very good, but after that, it declined.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)