Angel and BtVS (1 Viewer)

babylupin

HSC
Hi.

i was wondering if anyone here was interested in these show...i'm betting there are becaus ei know buffy was huge (and still is).

angel i didn't even hear of until about 3 months ago...and now i cannot get enough of it...

i really want to see buffy, and was wondering if it was as good as angel, or better?

kplzthnku

bbylpn :D:D:D:D

jest

HSC
i love buffy! i think its way better than angel, being the original and all

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I <3 Buffy - its probably the quintessential cult series of all teenagers who experienced the 90s. Buffy's coolness level increased so much for me when I discovered she was based on a Jewish ninja from the x-men, I mean how much cooler can you get than that?

Joss Whedon is also developing a season 8 in graphic novel format if anyone is interested in seeing what was supposed to happen after the end.

babylupin

HSC
I love both - completely obsessed with it.

btvs moreso than Angel though
------

rly? i'm more into Angel than Buffy...it's darker...but i do love both...got into the last year...so i'm a bit of a nOOb...lol

and if you didn't guess i love Spike...lol

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
It is by Joss Whedon. The man is a God. Ironically, he's avowedly atheist. Once you have finished watching Angel, watch his other cruelly-cancelled series, Firefly and the Big Damn Movie based on it, Serenity.

Angel could often be better than its parent show at times, though admittedly he was given absolutely no time to finish it properly when F*X pulled the plug.

babylupin

HSC
I know...Bring on s6 of angel!
very bad way to end the series...jsut sucha cliff hanger....
and love your pic!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Angel's not on FOX8 anymore.

I love BTVS seasons 1-3 for the comic factor. It was a lot funnier and lighter then. Fucking hated season 4 for Riley and a number of factors. Dawn was annoying but not as bad in Season 7 which I loved.

I'm like Buffy/Spike but I miss EvilSpike in Season 2 and 3 when he was actually... you know evil rather than whipped.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
The problem with Angel was that Joss was never given enough time to properly finish it off. As usual, he did well with what he had, but it could have been so much better. The show got axed when Sarah Michelle Gellar decided she didn't want to play Buffy any more, so UPN stopped the show. F*X, the home of Angel, decided to kill it because they figured the only people watching it were Buffy fans and since the parent show was no longer on ...

s2melissa

HSC
Originally Posted by Jachie
That still doesn't change the fact that Joss decided to kill of Cordelia because CC got pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a brilliant writer and director, and I have heaps and tons of respect and love for his work, but there are some things that I don't bode well with. His treatment of some of his actors is one of them.
I have to agree with Jachie on Joss's treatment of the actors I have heard some reports of this in regards to Charisma Carpenter and Sarah Michelle Gellar but I personally love what he did to Cordy's character (up to Season 4) I thought her progression was quite natural and suited her.

Buffy in my opinion, is usually better than Angel but Angel did overtake Buffy for Season 3 (Buffy season 6), It was just the darkest yet happiest and therefor most complex season of either show. It was really freaky when I started to think of Wesley as hot though...

Has anyone been to one of the conventions? I went in '04 and was able to receive a hug from James Masters :p (after a lil' flattery)

P.S - Just lost my post virginity :)

Last edited:

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Tulipa said:
I love BTVS seasons 1-3 for the comic factor. It was a lot funnier and lighter then. Fucking hated season 4 for Riley and a number of factors.
qft. I hated Riley so much.

Season 5 of Angel... I don't know. I liked the fact that Fred died (Illyria was pretty cool) and Gunn got owned, but the way it ended. Not much hope, right. I did love the Angel vs. Hamilton battle and the way they finished it with Connor, though.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
That still doesn't change the fact that Joss decided to kill of Cordelia because CC got pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a brilliant writer and director, and I have heaps and tons of respect and love for his work, but there are some things that I don't bode well with. His treatment of some of his actors is one of them.
... Where did that come from? I didn't mention Carpenter in any way, shape or form and I didn't know anyhting of her relationship with Joss. Personally, I never liked Cordy as much as most of them and preferred the Cordelia between bitchy and what she became before she died.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
... Where did that come from? I didn't mention Carpenter in any way, shape or form and I didn't know anyhting of her relationship with Joss. Personally, I never liked Cordy as much as most of them and preferred the Cordelia between bitchy and what she became before she died.
... and where did that come from? You said the main problem with Angel was that Joss wasn't able to finish it off properly. I named another factor of Angel that ticked me off. It had nothing to do with you or what you said, so why the hostility?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
... and where did that come from? You said the main problem with Angel was that Joss wasn't able to finish it off properly. I named another factor of Angel that ticked me off. It had nothing to do with you or what you said, so why the hostility?
I said the main problem of series five was that he never got to finish it properly. As for the rest of it, I remember very little of what actually happened. Maybe I should brush up on ym Angel 101.

babylupin

HSC
yeah.

he didn't get to finish it properly.

and i thought the s4 of angel awas chringe worthy...i mean...connor...he's angel's son

like Angelus said to connor

"funny isn't it? how the first thing you boned is the closet thing you ever had to a mother"

that was true....and *shudders* still creeps me out

slowjam10

HSC
Yea, i love Buffy and Angel is also up there as one of my favourite tv shows. I own Seasons 1-6 of Buffy in the original packaging with three discs in each half season set with the outer slipcase, but then the manufacturers went and changed the packaging to the Amaray slim line sets so now my set is not going to look like a set and i know you're all saying im being padantic but anyway the original sets are going for unrealistic prices on ebay. I also own Seasons 1-3 of Angel in the orgianal cases ...same problem again lol. :rofl:

Yeah Buffy was such a great show i started watching from the episode before The Gift..what a time to start watching, right when she dies but yea i love every ep ..with the quirky characters, intriguing storylines and snappy dialogue.

My favourite seasons are between S2 and S3, also did anyone like the musical ep - Once More With Feeling from Season 6.

Ohh who is your favourite character or whats your favourite episode?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I wouldn't call it the best epsiode, but the best moment is when Angel and Lorne go to Pylea and Lorne's brother Numfar does the Dance of Joy and the Dance of Honour. Both dances are absolutely ridiculous, but that's Joss Whedon dancing them in demon makeup.

babylupin

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
I wouldn't call it the best epsiode, but the best moment is when Angel and Lorne go to Pylea and Lorne's brother Numfar does the Dance of Joy and the Dance of Honour. Both dances are absolutely ridiculous, but that's Joss Whedon dancing them in demon makeup.
:rofl: that was so funny!!

My favourtie moment (from Angel 'cause it's my fav) would be when Wesley and Coredlia do the whole Buffy/Angel thing in the episode Fredless in season 3. :rofl:

Wesley(as angel): Oh Buffy - I lvoe you so much i forgot to brood!

Wes: Kiss me!
Cordy (as buffy): Bite me!
Angel: How bout you both bite me

As for my favourtie character...i'd have to say Spike lol (obviously), and equally Angel...i love the whole Vampyre quality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)