Ancient Trial Results (1 Viewer)

cesaro

To Mr GermaMan and anybody else

grk_styl said:
his essay is pretty good. it's in the RESOURCES section, which means yes, it's a resource. I don't think it's right to bag out his work, when he has gone to a lot of trouble to scan it put it up here whatever. not many ppl r willing to post their notes up. all teachers mark different. if it worked for him (and others) to not use many sources, then so be it. you gotta play the system.

he discussed the prob. of herodotus, because there is such a major bias in his accounts. and :. even though he has HAD to use herodotus (basically one of the only surviving ancient sources) he also discusses his unreliability. which i think is a great point to put in your argument.

that's pretty tough calling him a fuckwit. :uhhuh:

I totally agree , frankly anyone who takes their time to help others deserves at least some respect no matter how bad u think it is, Your modern sources are quite good actually, it wouldnt hurt to put some of their work in the resource page (because the internet does not have much but how to buy their books or i'm not looking enough)

By the way in the HSC the teachers who mark ur work dont know you and will mark according to the syllabus

So dont complain!! I'm not

(If u want to know i came first in the trial with only 72%)

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
MrGermanMan said:
Look I am going to be a true arsehole. It sounds to me like a lto of dodgy marking is going on here, I sight in the ancient history resoruces an essay written by one Chris Gilbert, on why the greeks won against Persia. Firstly he got 25/25, what a joke, if my teacher had marked it, it would ahve got less than 20 easily. he uses no modern sources, craps on about herodotus's unreliability(for about half a page which detracts from the question) and he just retelle story with a little bit of judgment making every known and again. An absolute joke, minimum I would use is naturally Herodotus and thucydides, but also Bury, Bury and Meiggs, hammond, and ehrenberg. My favourtie is Bury. Therefore for all u idiots, just retelling and not using many mdoern sources, i say u may get a decent makr, but u won't cut it in uni if u keep that up, so use bloody more modern than ancient. What is more ironic is that he discussed the problem with herodotus, eyt his whole essay was basically herodotus, what a fuckwit
lol relax man...if u wrote a bunch of crap like that and got 25/25 for it i'm sure u woulndt be complaining would u?. plus i dont think there are that many people here planning to do ancient history in uni anyway...i know im not ;) u should probably worry about what ur gonna write next thursday and not what crap someone else wrote...other than that i agree with u..at my skool our teacher would read it and slap a 15/25 max on it...she did on one of my old kingdom egypt essays after one teacher had given me 21/25 for it :vcross:

bakerlog

HSC
Demandred said:
98% :D, next in line was 96% and 87%, there's big drop after that.
excuse me? i got 97.5% not 96%

and remember, the teacher even said "if that was the hsc you wouldnt of got that mark because your essay style is not good enough (sux)"

anyway, i just thought id have a bitch seeing that i should've come first.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, class rivalry is always good :) keeps eveyrone honest

Plebeian

MrGermanMan said:
Look I am going to be a true arsehole. It sounds to me like a lto of dodgy marking is going on here, I sight in the ancient history resoruces an essay written by one Chris Gilbert, on why the greeks won against Persia. Firstly he got 25/25, what a joke, if my teacher had marked it, it would ahve got less than 20 easily. he uses no modern sources, craps on about herodotus's unreliability(for about half a page which detracts from the question) and he just retelle story with a little bit of judgment making every known and again. An absolute joke, minimum I would use is naturally Herodotus and thucydides, but also Bury, Bury and Meiggs, hammond, and ehrenberg. My favourtie is Bury. Therefore for all u idiots, just retelling and not using many mdoern sources, i say u may get a decent makr, but u won't cut it in uni if u keep that up, so use bloody more modern than ancient. What is more ironic is that he discussed the problem with herodotus, eyt his whole essay was basically herodotus, what a fuckwit
Apart from what has already been said about not bagging out someone who has taken the time to try to help others out,

Everyone knows that marking standards differ between schools. That is the entire point of moderating assessments according to a school's HSC exam results. If you're so good, you'll do well in the HSC even if your class teacher has marked you hard all year.

MrGermanMan

Kaiser
HSC
Last Point, Joke Marking

Personally I don't think any of this "he put a resource up, lets give him credit" crap cuts it. As in my opinion, the way he titled it, indicates that he was tryign to show off or soemthing and I will give him credit, there are a few neat points in there, but how can he make an assessment and say herodotus's figures are wrong(let me finsih my point, i know they are) when he isn't an historian??? I feel as though I have read those points in modern sources but he hasn't listed them, a fatal mistake. Even if he only used Bradley(seesm highly likely) he could still check the references and qutoe those modern sources, or even worse he use the internet and more specifically notes without quotes from say, this website(its a good website, just an example). Oh well, good luck to all, but I still believe I am right and will not budge as I am an OCD(obsessive compulsive disorder) cynical prick, adn i believe I should get credit for beign willing to label myself in such unflaterring manners.

PS. Plz no dumbasses here like grk_styl who posted some crap along the lines of:

his essay is pretty good. it's in the RESOURCES section, which means yes, it's a resource. I don't think it's right to bag out his work, when he has gone to a lot of trouble to scan it put it up here whatever. not many ppl r willing to post their notes up. all teachers mark different. if it worked for him (and others) to not use many sources, then so be it. you gotta play the system.

he discussed the prob. of herodotus, because there is such a major bias in his accounts. and :. even though he has HAD to use herodotus (basically one of the only surviving ancient sources) he also discusses his unreliability. which i think is a great point to put in your argument.

Bobcat

HSC
Bummed

Answering the orginal question...i got 22%

I take full responsibly for my disgracefull mark, i have just lost interest in History, i dont care for the topics we learnt, for me Pelop War, Augutus and Pericles just arnt that interesting. (sparta is though)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
MrGermanMan said:
I am an OCD(obsessive compulsive disorder) cynical prick,
well geez, i couldn't have put it better myself.

"be careful of the toes you step on today for they may be connected to the arse you have to kiss tomorrow".

there's a little thing called HELP and that's what we do. if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, then please don't say it at all.

SimpaticO

Happy Man
Ok, this is kind of embarassing but ever since I started this thread I never read any replies past page one because I got so caught up in studying for the HSC. I really don't want to read through all of the replies so can anyone please bring me up to date on what this apparent argument is about and how it started???? And also what on earth is everyone talking about in this thread????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)