Ancient History study guide books... (1 Viewer)

N1C0L3

HSC
hey does anyone here use the Ancient history study guide books?? like either the Excel or maquarie? i think it is?
Which one is better? Are any of them any help? Is there seperate books for seperate topics etc? or all in same book?
Oh and would u recommend getting it if ur going pretty bad in this subject? lol
thxxx plz wb with ur oppinions :)

X

xeuyrawp

Heya,

They're both pretty useless, imo. It depends on what you're studying. Try to make study-guide-like notes from your textbook/class notes, and supplement it with evidence from both the Excel and the Macquarie books.

I hope that makes sense! The bottom line is to have all your notes in one place, set out in a logical, memerable fashion. :)

yosemite sam

HSC
i agree...they only have the most common topics in them. i dont do ancient so i'm not entirely sure which are the most common topics for each section, but you can find out if the ones you're doing are on the notes from past hsc papers on the board of studies site. they have about three from each section.

^bindy^

HSC
the macquarie ones okay i borrowed it from the library and yer they just choose random topics for them i guess the most popular ones

dsruptdSPuNKRaT

HSC
they're study guides... they're just supposed to be like a mass of summaries or whatever so you'll always need your notes from class when trying to study. the good thing is they're set to the syllabus, so even if they don't go into everything in much detail, they give a basic outline of the sorts of things you should know. i like mine, it's the macquarie one. it seems to have better clearer info, is only one book and even then a bit cheaper than excel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)