Ancient history: Homer and the Trojan War (1 Viewer)

gleeek

HSC
Is anyone currently doing this topic? Or completed it?

If so, have you done 'archaeological reasons for why Homer's Trojan War can't be dismissed as a myth anymore'?

I want to see other people's opinions and as this is an academic site, I really am interested.

Mine is: Troy VI, after magnetic surveys, has been found to be the same size as the Troy Homer described in the Iilliad. And my teacaher said this, not sure if I misinterpreted, but apparently the city found by Heinrich Schliemann perfectly depicted the one in the Illiad.

Thanks guys!

c-clumsy

HSC
I am currently doing this at school as well.

To be honest, I thought it was Troy 7A? There's archaeological evidence that this level of Troy was involved in a prolonged siege and that it was burnt down as a result of warfare.

Don't take my word on this though.

NajaKaja

HSC
I did an exercise on this and I said that the large amount of human remains and horse(supposedly used in war) remains on level 6 suggests that there was a Trojan war. I also said that the existence of Mycenae-style pottery and architecture suggests that the city could have been subject to Mycenaen rule after the war(they were conquered?). I don't really know but I got full marks for my evidence.

I don't pay much attention to this subject though since it was the subject I took to drop in year 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)