Anbody else in love with the personality they're studying? (2 Viewers)

The Bograt

boredofuni
HSC
Julius Caesar....what a man
Kicked some serious ass against those Gauls booyah!
Absolute legend, but too bad I have to now write an essay on him grrrrrr

And what a way to go...23 knife wounds

DeepDarkRose

HSC
we did cleopatra.... she was okay.... reading about agrippina now..... shes interesting again... i think nero is misunderstood hehehe..... i like alexander, did him last year, hes so cool.... since even caesar admired him and all....

classics_chic

HSC
I thought Caesar was an egomaniac who basically got to the top and didn't know what to do next... so he dared the senators to kill him... and they did. Funy how things work like that. :S

Shimtek

HSC
the personality im studying is xerxes. Not much of character you can 'love'.
He's portrayed by the Greek sources mostly as rash, arrogant and foolish and by the Persian insciptions as great like his father Darius but really its just a clone of the inscriptions hi sfather made and can be interpreted as a sign that he wanted greatly to live up to his father but blatantly failed. Xerxes is accredited with being the first of the weak persian kings :p.

Little about Xerxes you can like, sure he has his huge building program and firm belief in zoroastrasism but all at great expense to the persian empire, in his later years of rule he was just an out of touch man obsessed with his building program.

classics_chic

HSC
Shimtek said:
the personality im studying is xerxes. Not much of character you can 'love'.
He's portrayed by the Greek sources mostly as rash, arrogant and foolish and by the Persian insciptions as great like his father Darius but really its just a clone of the inscriptions hi sfather made and can be interpreted as a sign that he wanted greatly to live up to his father but blatantly failed. Xerxes is accredited with being the first of the weak persian kings :p.

Little about Xerxes you can like, sure he has his huge building program and firm belief in zoroastrasism but all at great expense to the persian empire, in his later years of rule he was just an out of touch man obsessed with his building program.
Yeah, Xerxes, the ultimate display of hubris. But how much do you trust those sources? They have a serious agenda for wanting to display Xerxes as evil- he sacked Attika!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)