analysing websites (1 Viewer)

Rose_Punk

HSC
Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.
For my 'Representation and Text' related text i wanted to analyse a website and i have no idea how to or where to start.

If anyone can help, it would be fantastic

Cheers

freakcore

HSC
wouldnt you just look at language features like first or third person... and like layout which point in the page draws the most attention and how and whether casual or sophisicated language is used????
perhaps discuss how the medium of production and all the above influence what meaning you take from the web page. ie the relationships between representation and meaning.
I dunno if that helps sorry if it doesn't but i got nothin else....

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
freakcore said:
wouldnt you just look at language features like first or third person... and like layout which point in the page draws the most attention and how and whether casual or sophisicated language is used????
perhaps discuss how the medium of production and all the above influence what meaning you take from the web page. ie the relationships between representation and meaning.
I dunno if that helps sorry if it doesn't but i got nothin else....
I believe that Freakcore is right about the importance of the relationship between "meaning and representation"; the markers want ito be shown how meaning has been expressed through the key features of the text. For a website, these features may include:

a) Text
b) Interactive Features
c) Visuals
d) Links
e) Overall layout

A website is a fun text to analyse, because you can extrapolate concepts from its' commingling of visual and verbal features.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)