Analysing sources...please help i am terrible at it (1 Viewer)

eastenders

HSC
Ok, I just did my first Modern History assessment last week and I did terrible. I got 76% but that was the average mark for our year and normally i do a lot better than that. I studied heaps for the assessment and i probably memorised a lot more knowledge than most people but I really have trouble with sources...:mad1: I know you have to answer questions such as motive, origin, nature, content etc for relibility but the teacher said that i need to write more about useful, about one page...so i really don't know what to write about the usefulness because i feel it has all been said in reliability...are there a series of questions to answer when writing about usefulness? I really want to do well in Modern History but I don't know how to and the half yearly exams are coming up soon, so I really need help...:mad1::mad1:

mzduxx2006

HSC
usefullness relates to saying stuff like "this source is highly usefull as it provides insight to how society functions" etc.etc.

if yu have msn add me and i will help you more.

Selimi_@hotmail.com

Tammie

i think maybe your difficulty could of been distinguishing between reliability and usefulness. a propaganda source may not be so reliable, as it presents a highly ideologically biased point of view. however, it may be considered as useful as it offers an insight into what the composers wanted the audience to believe. The significant thing to remember with usefulness is that most sources have something to tell us that illuminates an important aspect of the past, even if it is one small part or fragment, it is useful to know this...
However, you can add in your essay, in the part discussing usefulness, that more sources may be needed to gain a holistic understanding of the event or person as the source/s only provides one perspective, is biased or somewhat unreliable....
i hope this helps:)
my email is tam_me24@hotmail.com ---- if you want to email me with other questions (im studying to be a history teacher, and did my hsc in 2004,so i may be helpful

basmurfy

HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
pm me ur email addy
i have a really good source template u can use 2 get 8-9/10
hey guys im prietty shit at sources aswell, i thnk its such a loose aspect of the exam. i am prietty weak at annalysing them aswell
some help would be greatly eppreciated...anybody know a template that foxy xleopatra was talking about...that would be realy good
thanxxxxxxx:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)