Analysing Song Lyrics (1 Viewer)

Ennaoj

HSC
Hey i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about the requirements for analysing song lyrics effeciently as an additional text.
I was using Boulevard of Broken Dreams, and was curious about the techniques used for song lyrics, so far i was under the impression that you analyse it the same as poetry.

Any additional advice would be MUCH appreciated.

xx

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Yes much like poetry. If you'd like you can be quite cute and allude to musical aspects eg: "the time signature is 3/4 and gives the lyrics a sense of natural dance-like rhythm".

Although musical aspects should not be your strongest points. Mostly poetry, and if you'd like, one or two sentences on musical aspects that actually create some sort of meaning.

Ennaoj

HSC
Thanks for that. :)

Musical aspects of the song won't be my strongest point because i'm not a music student - so i won't have too many techinal things to say :D Thank you for the advice!

Ennaoj

HSC
tamorapierce13 said:
As the poster above said, language features similar to those of poetry. Also, you can mention how certain features (i.e. lack of punctuation) speed up the pace of the writing, giving the sense that the journey is quickly advancing, etc. Anything you can link back to journeys is good.
THANKS! That was awesome!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)