An idea to end the water problem (1 Viewer)

Wombo

Annoyed
HSC
Ive read most of this thread and most of it seams to be about fken Sydney, but people there only have to worry about water, as something they need to make their gardens grow, or wash, or have a good time.
People out where i live which is in Far Far Western NSW depend on water as a livelyhood and to this
Captain Gh3y said:
The farmers could try getting another job.
How many farmers do u think their are and most farmers have farmed all their life and dont have any other qualifications and where would they get these jobs, because if theres no money in an area, think about all of the supermarkets who will have to sack people because their not making money, as there are no pickers, packers, or farmers to spend it. Not only that other business will also pack up shop coz their not making money.
This could destroy many rural towns with great heritages. I live on a grape block so it wont be that bad we can replant and have our vines up in about 2-3years. But some of my mates who have oranges, almonds and other stone fruits will be bugged for up 7-8years before they can harvest a decent crop and that is if we get enough water in the next year to get our allocations back. Many of them have almost gone broke over night.
What he has done will mean that yes prices of food will go up, but by the end of this year most of that money will be going overseas, SO much for the Australian Economy.
Another impact is that many of the kids of these farmers would not be able to go off to uni because there is no income for the parents, and they cant sell their farms because no-one is stupid enough to buy them when they have no water.
But i suppose as long as people have water to survive.
Think wat u would like to think about this but this is wat is happening all over the Murray-Darling Basin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)