An Australian Top Gear ??!! (1 Viewer)

bleu

HSC
So there's going to be an aussie version of Top Gear...

your thoughts ??

i think it sounds crap and i doubt it will match the British one in greatness.
i just hope it doesn't replace the british Top Gear.
That would suck.

(also hope a thread about this hasn't already been created :rolleyes: )

skynet89

HSC
i'm working at the company who's doing that show now. i can tell you there are a shitload of auditions sent in. looks pretty big

Che08

HSC
Yeah sounds crap but it will prob be better than getting all old episodes.

Hammond is the man how are they going to get someone to match up to him?

Evilo

HSC
/me looks at aussie queer eye and how much that failed.

yeah its not looking good.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Che08 said:
Hammond is the man how are they going to get someone to match up to him?
They're not. I read the application form to see what they were looking for, and they've stated that they don't want anyone who is similar to Clarkson, the Hamster or Captain Slow.

The Ausralian version is probably going to be full of Holden fanboys in their HRT jackets. It won't last long because it'll just be a pale imitation of the genuine article. Jeremy Clarkson would chew them up and spit them out.

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
They're not. I read the application form to see what they were looking for, and they've stated that they don't want anyone who is similar to Clarkson, the Hamster or Captain Slow.

The Ausralian version is probably going to be full of Holden fanboys in their HRT jackets. It won't last long because it'll just be a pale imitation of the genuine article. Jeremy Clarkson would chew them up and spit them out.
Exactly what I was thinking.

A problem with the episodes on SBS is now that there's ad breaks we get edited versions. Torrents FTW

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
maxpowerallstar said:
Exactly what I was thinking.
The concept of he Australian version was created because Clarkson got stuck into the Monaro (I think). And rightly so; whichever car it was, it was a piece of shit, and that's being polite about it. Top Gear Australia will then be hosted by a trio of Holden-philes, who probably spend their days jerking off over pictures of Mark Skaife and Rick Kelly. Anything good about the original Top Gear - like the general cocking about and the way they actually have a good time doing it - will be lost because the show was created as a quasi-political platform.

And if there's one thing I don't like, it's Holden fanboys.

Actually, there's a lot of things I don't like, but Holden fanboys are up there. Honestly, they're worse than the French.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
As soon as I heard it had Warren Brown, I had no fear, he can do no wrong. It will be awesome. Really funny, good natured, telegenetic bloke, bout time he was on a regular series.

Pretty psyched for next monday, or whenever it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)