american involvment in WW1 (1 Viewer)

h0met0wnher0

HSC
any help with non-bias info towards US involvemnet in WW1..something other then the 14 ponts speech..

cheers

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
h0met0wnher0 said:
any help with non-bias info towards US involvemnet in WW1..something other then the 14 ponts speech..

cheers
what do you mean by non-bias info? well there's america's entry in the war which provided the allies a massive amount of resources informs of capital, men and weapons. this can be seen as one of the reasons why the allies won the war.

h0met0wnher0

HSC
dude go suk it.. u did the hsc a year ago.. move on no 1 wants ur help

why would i read a book if im jz gonna get a summary from some one whos already done the work for me??

its called the easy way if i wanted to do it the hard way i would have read the book..

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
h0met0wnher0 said:
dude go suk it.. u did the hsc a year ago.. move on no 1 wants ur help
Obviously you do. So quit being an insignificant little retard already.

why would i read a book if im jz gonna get a summary from some one whos already done the work for me??

its called the easy way if i wanted to do it the hard way i would have read the book..
Let's get this straight. BOS is NOT a place where you can come to leech off the hard work of others. It is NOT a place where you can insult people who are more dedicated and hardworking than yourself. It is also not a place where the members give help to people who have no idea or command of civility and good manners.

So, with that in mind, kindly go and read a book and do some work yourself, and then come back if you're still stuck. Otherwise, **** off. You'll get no help from me either way.

*dusts hands*

lonesniper

HSC
Geez calm down everyone! :rofl:

The American involvement is overrated, the main contribution of the U.S to the war was their potential impact - in terms of industrial, economical and sheer manpower.

Their actual fighting was negligable, but with their involvement Germany's fate was sealed in the long run.

Still, Germany came very close to victory, and IMHO the decision of Hindenburg and Ludendorf to leave so many troops in the east to police their draconian demands from the treaty of Brest-Litovsk doomed their great offensive of 1918 to fail.

With the faliure of their 'big push' they were forced to accept that they couldn't defeat the potential American might.

afdoty2007

HSC
This is a little late but hopefully it will still help you. Americans were involved in WW1 from the beginning but they didn't "enter", meaning sent soldiers, the war until the end. Their involvement consisted of supplying aid in forms of weapons, food, medical supplies, air polanes, tanks, and so forth. The Americans lent money, equipment, and in the end money to the Allied powers for the greater majority of the war.
I don't know how un-biased I am because I am American myself but this is what I learned in school in minimal detail...Hope it helps

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
Men. Most important involvement. The moral was massively boosted.

The ludendorf offensive was stopped and a massive counter launched with the help of these new men, whom werent battle weary and still had high morale.

Massive monetary assistance also a benefit./

I say this, but bare in mind, Asheroth is right.

georgie.girl

HSC
Yeah,
US involvement isnt neccesarily a huge turning point.
They were unofficially involved from the very start
The Allies didnt have the capacity to make munitions etc on their own soil and they were forced to rely on US industry to supply their soldiers. They didnt do this for Germany so US were never completely neutral. After sinking the Luitsiana it was sort of inevitable that US would get involved.

At the start of 1917 germany restarted unrestricted submarine warfare in the hope that they would destroy the allies BEFORE the US got there. US troops didnt actually start arriving on the battlefields in significant numbers until mid 1918.

The collapse of the Tsarist regime in Russia also made US (a liberal democracy) more likely to join the allies. The huge US population can replace the loss of the Russians. ALSO you cant influence the peace treaty if you weren't in the war.

By 1917 the allies had begun to get their own war industries under control so they were less dependant on the US.

The germans were sraping the bottom of the barrel by this stage, extending the target age groups for soldiers etc. They had a window between begginning unrestricted submarine warfare anf US arrival where they had to win. The needed the war to be over before US could get involved so they gave it everything they had, but the gamble didnt pay off. The Allies only had to hold on until US arrived.

So basically it did have a big impact but not in actual fighting achievements, industrially from 1914-17 and then potentially (as people have said above) from 1918 onwards.

Wow sorry i rambled a bit...
All the sources we got given came out of books, but if u need one AJP Taylor's History of World War 1 (published 1974) is useful probly hard to find though good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)