American Apparel Australia! (1 Viewer)

killyridols

HSC
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just spent. . .
$1500 dollars on the us website a coupla days ago
*slaps face*
so if anyone wants to know sizing, ask me because i have everything!
i'm picking it up tommorrow at the post office, yay!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
killyridols said:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just spent. . .
$1500 dollars on the us website a coupla days ago
*slaps face*
so if anyone wants to know sizing, ask me because i have everything!
i'm picking it up tommorrow at the post office, yay!
wtf??????????
how the hell do you get that much money to spend on clothes in the first place? espically relatively plain clothes that you cant try on!

killyridols

HSC
. . .i don't normally do this
but keep in mind i have NO clothes. i sold my entire vintage collection (for most of the price of the AA) so i only have really gross old basics left, which is around 2 pairs of trackpants, a pair of boyfriend jeans, and 6 white tshirts. so i need new basics and new nice stuff
i've bought. . . (minus shoes) a grand total of 3 items of clothing this year because i hate everything and i can never find what i want. when i find something i think is ok, i buy it and 2 weeks later there's a ladakh copy and manky 14 year olds are wearing it as well. and i'm completely over vintage, so i'm not going down that road again. so basically i'm only buying clothes over the internet from now on.
the size thing isn't really an issue, i'm a pretty standard size and proportional so most clothes flatter me and i know what cuts look bad anyway, plus you can still exchange unless it's ebay or someting. i already have aa and tried on a buncha stuff in tuchuzy, djs etc so i'm pretty definite about my size.
it's probably still not justifiable in yr eyes but meh
- and i got the discount

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
killyridols said:
. . .i don't normally do this
but keep in mind i have NO clothes. i sold my entire vintage collection (for most of the price of the AA) so i only have really gross old basics left, which is around 2 pairs of trackpants, a pair of boyfriend jeans, and 6 white tshirts. so i need new basics and new nice stuff
i've bought. . . (minus shoes) a grand total of 3 items of clothing this year because i hate everything and i can never find what i want. when i find something i think is ok, i buy it and 2 weeks later there's a ladakh copy and manky 14 year olds are wearing it as well. and i'm completely over vintage, so i'm not going down that road again. so basically i'm only buying clothes over the internet from now on.
the size thing isn't really an issue, i'm a pretty standard size and proportional so most clothes flatter me and i know what cuts look bad anyway, plus you can still exchange unless it's ebay or someting. i already have aa and tried on a buncha stuff in tuchuzy, djs etc so i'm pretty definite about my size.
it's probably still not justifiable in yr eyes but meh
- and i got the discount
how can anybody be "over" vintage...? i just don't get it.

killyridols

HSC
i don't really like the vintage look anymore. after seeing 60's inspired smock dresses and prints everywhere i just want to be a lot more minimalist and un-fussy about the way i dress. i still have kept some vintage pieces, like my leather hoodie, but i'm sick of the whole quirky dress carrie thing.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i know what you mean, but i dont think you have to dress OTT to dress vintage. I wear almost exclusively vintage and i think i dress relatively "toned down". I wouldn't say minimalist but simple and elegant is what i usually go for.

have you thought about only buying ACTUAL vintage, not just second hand? because quality clothing is quality clothing, and there have been badly made clothing since forever, its not really a new trend. thus all these girls walking aroung in falling apart hand-me-downs. thats not vintage.

killyridols

HSC
yeah i know that vintage doesn't have to be OTT, but i don't really look good in the 'classic vintage' thing either. i like the look, it looks good on other people but i'm not groomed enough to pull it off.

haha, so true though. i keep seeing girls walking around westfield in these garish oversized woolen 80's kath jumpers covered in pilling and no pants. it's crazy how people can make something so nanaish look so slutty.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
usually my rule is that if someone threw it out for an obvious reason eg: pilling, tears, brutal ugliness, stains etc, then it is no longer wearable.

girls! leave all those moth-eaten unflattering jumpers in op-shops for the actual homeless to wear, they wont go to waste...

generally when i go vintage/op shopping i end up buying one or two things, out of the entire shop, and that's if it's a good day!

there is soo much crap in those stores its not even funny.

...but good luck with your minimalism, i could never pull that off.

yupkigirl__

HSC
i'm loving the clothes!

what's the sizing like in aa clothing? i'm thinking of ordering these:

i'm normally a size small, 8-10.

jaykhu

HSC
I'm an American Apparel wholesaler, so if anyone wants prices alot cheaper just PM me, and i'll hook you up

killyridols

HSC
jaykhu said:
I'm an American Apparel wholesaler, so if anyone wants prices alot cheaper just PM me, and i'll hook you up
:eek: !!!!! damn. if you told me a coupla weeks ago you would have made a lot of money out of me.
do you stock the full range?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
The_highwayman said:
i find it funny how 'second hand' is dubbed 'vintage' to make it sound better.
its stupid.

st vincent de paul should just change their sign to "vintage boutique" and they'd get so much money from sceney-trendsters.

jaykhu

HSC
AlleyCat said:
its stupid.

st vincent de paul should just change their sign to "vintage boutique" and they'd get so much money from sceney-trendsters.

lol so true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)