America or Australia? (1 Viewer)

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
didnt realise 30,000 people die every year form terrorist attacks in the UK and spain.
also were talking specifically about school shootings, have fun not including gang shootings.

fuck it australians go overseas to thailand, bali, south america and other "high risk" countries all the time yet theyre scared in america. top. lel.

rawrliongirl

HSC
I think going to America would be an awesome opportunity! I don't know anything about that uni, but to get away from this life and sort of start fresh in another country would be something that I would personally like to do :L
My auntie just moved to America actually, she got a job there and brought her family (2 kids, 2 dogs and my uncle) with her. They're really excited about experiencing something new and different in life.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
I don't know anything about that uni.
it's full of super smaht janitors

and you can learn to count cards!

In essence, MIT is the shiz if you want to be in any kind of engineering. Cal tech, Berkeley and MIT are THE top engineering and science schools in the world, getting into uni there and getting decent marks means you'd get to do what you love while getting paid really well.

emilios

HSC
before packing for MIT you have to do a few things:
1) get in. like others have said, it's flipping hard, especially if you're white or asian.
2) be loaded. student fees in America are no joke.

if you satisfy 1) and 2) then by all means hop on the next plane there :D

A799

HSC
MIT is a top university, is very well-ranked and has a brilliant reputation. You can literally get employed in any country with that on your transcript.
It would definitely provide a better education, connections and resources. However, it is just unbelivably expensive ($60K), and considering that you're intending on staying in Australia ... it might not be worth the expense.

You should take advantage of MIT and go global! ^^

(Honestly ... all these people hating America while not having travelled further than Wollongong or Newcastle...)

braintic

HSC
N/A
(Honestly ... all these people hating America while not having travelled further than Wollongong or Newcastle...)
Have you ever met a murderer? If not, do you hate them nevertheless?

ming mong

HSC
Don't go to America . Too dangerous..... So many gun massacres
Well. A lot more people die from traffic accidents than terrorist attacks. Doesn't stop me from getting on the road to catch a bus or something.
I see that someone wrote 30,000 die per year from terrorist attacks in UK and Spain. But there are over 37,000 deaths due to traffic accidents per year in the U.S alone. And lets not even talk about china (btw I'm chinese)

So don't worry about the gun massacres :) (no actually you should be worried... just you know, don't let America's gun-filled image stop anybody from going to America to pursue their dreams). And watch out for cars, everyone.

P.S. so how did it go? did you get in?

braintic

HSC
N/A
Well. A lot more people die from traffic accidents than terrorist attacks. Doesn't stop me from getting on the road to catch a bus or something.
I see that someone wrote 30,000 die per year from terrorist attacks in UK and Spain. But there are over 37,000 deaths due to traffic accidents per year in the U.S alone. And lets not even talk about china (btw I'm chinese)

So don't worry about the gun massacres :) (no actually you should be worried... just you know, don't let America's gun-filled image stop anybody from going to America to pursue their dreams). And watch out for cars, everyone.

P.S. so how did it go? did you get in?
Ummm ..... you seem to be confusing terrorist attacks with gun massacres by a madman.

braintic

HSC
N/A
no, give your explanation on equating an entire country to a murderer.
Well it IS the gun-toting, bible-thumping, execution-loving, war-mongering, serial-killer-producing US of A.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)