Amelie (1 Viewer)

Lil Clutch

HSC
is Amelie a good imaginative journeys text? i jsut watched it today, and it seemed to click. ie i can see the iamginative journey in it- and the effect of the voice over etc helps the audience to embark on amelie's journey, along with her in helping others and consequently, in helping her self. however, from all thos lists of supp texts etc i jsut havent seen it so im not sure how well it will go. any recommendations? or should i jsut follow my heart. lol. im sure i can write about it alot. it was such an awesome film.

illodous

Angels...
HSC
Lil Clutch said:
is Amelie a good imaginative journeys text? i jsut watched it today, and it seemed to click. ie i can see the iamginative journey in it- and the effect of the voice over etc helps the audience to embark on amelie's journey, along with her in helping others and consequently, in helping her self. however, from all thos lists of supp texts etc i jsut havent seen it so im not sure how well it will go. any recommendations? or should i jsut follow my heart. lol. im sure i can write about it alot. it was such an awesome film.
Amelie is a very good imaginative journeys text. I studied it in my French class, actually and thorougly enjoyed it. You're on the right track, and the film does have the potential for being used as an imaginative text.. I would recommend sitting down with pen and paper and jotting down any feelings or ideas that strike you. I'm sure you will quite enjoy the deconstruction just as much as the movie itself.

Lil Clutch

HSC
awesome! thanks guys! i cant exactly ask my teacher coz this rtf is due second week of school. omg speaking of which, school starts tomorrow! ah! anyway, so yay ill just be watching amelie again! its my last text so im glad this thing is nearly over. im doing amelie, the lovely bones, a poem by judith wright and imagine by john lennon- good range of texts? and then of course i have to compose my own text-yay! lol.

Lil Clutch

HSC
Fine ambiguity

fine ambiguity said:
I used it :) (my favourite film ever!)
hey if u used it, do u want to discuss the text, etc so we know we're on the right track? you got any good arguments and jsutifications? also, we havent started colerigde yet but have u? and if so, is there a good and solid connection between amelie and any of coleridge's poetry?
thanks.

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
I've already done my assignment! Haha :) We handed them in last term. I'd be happy to send you my essay on it, I got full marks for it -- it's only 500 words though, we had a word limit (which was hard to stick to!). I'm going to expand on it if I use it in exams/trials/HSC, but I think I've got a pretty good basis.

Basically I was struggling to link any of my related texts to Coleridge, so it's all kind of vague "oh and they're kinda similar... but HERE, see HERE they're DIFFERENT". I eventually decided it linked quite well to Coleridge's "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner". Actually I just opened my essay to have a look, so I'll copy some of my main points :) Any you've come up with would be interesting!

- concept of imaginative journeys explored I thought to be the dangers of imaginative journeys, and how they can overpower reality and experience -- this is just one aspect, obviously, there's a load of other slants you can take, but this one worked well
- a struggle to create a balance between imagination/reality (eg. the photobooth guy -- Amelie thinks he's a ghost, but he's really just the repairman; needs to take a REAL risk in contacting Nino instead of just imagining/planning it)
- imaginative/fantasy elements eg. animation, enhanced green/red colours
- I analysed in detail the scene where Amelie leads the blind man through the street -- good scene that one! ;)
- also analysed the scene where Nino is late to their meeting, and Amelie considers he either didn't get the message, or was involved in a caraccident-robbery-hostage-etc -- also need for balance between imagination and reality
- for the link, I basically said that the idea that imaginative journeys only have value when linked to reality is also expressed in Coleridge's poems (especially Ancient Mariner & Limetree Bower), related the fantasy elements of Coleridge's poems (esp Kubla Khan, Ancient Mariner), and showed the contrast between the tones of Amelie and Rime of the Ancient Mariner, which reflected the ultimate outcomes (Mariner = negative, Amelie = positive)

Phew. I may as well have put in the 500-word essay :p I was going to use the Lovely Bones as well, actually, but I didn't -- good text though :)

Last edited:

Lil Clutch

HSC
fine ambiguity

hey thanks. im in the process of doing mine. ill send it to you when im done-but can you email me your 500 word analysis of it-we also have a limit, around 400-500 words!email to- negin123@hotmail.com. laters. also, good points-good work! the lovely bones is awesome aye?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)