AMEB Exams? (1 Viewer)

yy-d

HSC
i've got my 7th grade piano exams VERY soon.
would anyone happen to have a list of all the scales etc. that would be required?
I know what they are...it's just, I want to make sure I've practised everything because there's quite a lot now (for me anyway)

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
i've got my 7th grade piano exams VERY soon.
would anyone happen to have a list of all the scales etc. that would be required?
I know what they are...it's just, I want to make sure I've practised everything because there's quite a lot now (for me anyway)

it depends on whether you're using the 2008 or the 2009 syllabus. both are still valid, and the scale requirements have changed significantly.

Phoebie

HSC
i'm doing an 8th grade piano exam on tuesday!!!
freaking out because im so unprepared...
what should i do??
what do u think the most important thing is.. scales or the pieces??
very unmotivated..
please HELP!

HSC
The best advice would be to stop posting on BOS and start practicing. :)

I always felt the examiners were more interested in the pieces, but obviously scales are also very important.

xxstef

HSC
i'm doing an 8th grade piano exam on tuesday!!!
freaking out because im so unprepared...
what should i do??
what do u think the most important thing is.. scales or the pieces??
very unmotivated..
please HELP!
both are important, pieces are worth slightly more and leave a bigger impression, but scales must be good too if you want to do well.

i'd suggest warming up with scales (choose one key everyday to practice intensely), before heading to the pieces. it's tempting to sit down and play your pieces immediately, but its better to do scales first (otherwise you'll never feel like playing scales after!)

Phoebie

HSC
that's so true..
i never practise my scales when i play my pieces first..!

getting motivated can be a bugger ..
thanks heaps for the advice :):)

Phoebie

HSC
does anyone know the standards of grade 8 AMEB piano exams??
im getting conflicting ideas about how high the bar is raised from grade 7..

i have a grade 8 piano exam in 3 days!!!

thanks.

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
i'm so glad i finished all my grades a couple of weeks ago.
not having that disgusting guilty when you havnt practised your scales is fab.
but i now feel crap when i think bout not getting all my pieces prepared and fantastic for the hsc.
considering trails are only in like 6 weeks

ahhh fml

dancing_mermaid

HSC
I agree!!!!!
Whenever I have a nice examiner, I imagine them sitting at their desk and writing evil comments on my exam sheet while I'm playing! Oh well might just be my musical insecurity or something.

no, i totally agree. i had the meanest examiner ever once, she gave me an A+ and nice comments, nicest lady in the world gave me a B and really nasty comments...

its the same with adjuticators, and some schoolteachers. one i swore hated me, told my mum i was amazing and super-talented.

dancing_mermaid

HSC
does anyone know the standards of grade 8 AMEB piano exams??
im getting conflicting ideas about how high the bar is raised from grade 7..

i have a grade 8 piano exam in 3 days!!!

thanks.

sorry to double-post, but if piano is the same as cello (and i'm sure it is, i've done a few exams in each) the bar hardly moves at all... well, it does in a way, but because you've done seven and learnt the stuff for eighth, it doesnt feel difficult.

on a slightly different note, does anyone know how different Amus is from 8th? everyone says its a huge deal, but the pieces, at least, don't feel that hard. is the general knowledge huge or something?

Concerti

HSC
sorry to double-post, but if piano is the same as cello (and i'm sure it is, i've done a few exams in each) the bar hardly moves at all... well, it does in a way, but because you've done seven and learnt the stuff for eighth, it doesnt feel difficult.

on a slightly different note, does anyone know how different Amus is from 8th? everyone says its a huge deal, but the pieces, at least, don't feel that hard. is the general knowledge huge or something?
In grades 1-7..it's just a matter of being able to keep in time and playing the notes..

8 onwards..it's all about whether you can actually play the music..with emotion, the tonality etc etc

xxstef

HSC

the jump from 8th to amus is HUGE. it doesn't really feel like it when you just sit down and play, but if you record yourself, you'll notice a huge difference in your performance style.

the pieces aren't really that much harder at all, its just how well you express the emotion. its a performance diploma after all!

dancing_mermaid

HSC
the jump from 8th to amus is HUGE. it doesn't really feel like it when you just sit down and play, but if you record yourself, you'll notice a huge difference in your performance style.

the pieces aren't really that much harder at all, its just how well you express the emotion. its a performance diploma after all!

thanks.
i think that should be okay, and everyone says my technique's good, so hopefully i'll not do too badly.

i dont really expect to pass, but it would be nice...
since i didnt know i was doing an exam this year until about a month or two ago, and my exam's soon, so i'm pretty ok with whatever happens, its not like i've been focusing on this for ages or anything, so i can't complain if i fail.

Xuboy

HSC
what insturment you play?
Piano/Trumpet
how long are you ment to practice a day?
A lot (7+) / 1 or 2 ish
how long do you ACTUALLY practice a day?
Not enof (5? 6?) / 0 hrs ( :p haha )
whats your grade?
Finished Lmus (distinction yay :haha: ) / 8th

xxstef

HSC
usually takes about a week for your results to be sent to you, but you can also check online through your teacher's ameb account if they have one.
hope it went well for you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)