Am I the only person in the state who did the Cambodia question for Indochina? (1 Viewer)

13thmonkey

Gilliam Stalker
HSC
We did an assignment on it so I pretty much regurgitated that but with more discussion on the role of the vietnam war. Anyone else do Cambodia or am I totally alone?

bahhh

HSC
Yeah I did - only I had no idea what I was talking about = P

davzilla60

HSC
I did it as well. I think i did very well though, which is good.

I'm sure you did well too!

13thmonkey

Gilliam Stalker
HSC
Well if we're the only four I'm sure we'll get kudos for trying.

Last edited:

ilovenatalie

HSC
helllllllzz yea cambodia represent
that question was really good and also relevant considering George Bush recently tried to argue that a result of US withdrawal from Vietnam was the Cambodian genocide, although he failed to mention Vietnamisation which resulted in Pol Pot's coming to power!!!
Some other friends of mine did that too so there will be at least 7 in the state loooooooooooooooolll

frozenindesire

HSC
i also chose cambodia, as did a friend of mine. decent question too!

RHINO7

HSC
I did an assignment on Cambodia as well. But I believed ( I was obviously WRONG) they wouldn't ask about Cambodia, so i focussed my study on Vietnam. GOD DAMN IT!!!

tessery

HSC
haha i did it too, no idea how i went though. hopefully having a smaller number will be to our advantage!

yassow3

HSC
I did it too n I chose da pol pot one. I only wrote 3 pages n had soooooo much more things to write damn 40 mins not enough for slow ppl :p

how did u guys do in da other parts I do germany n I think I did really gud in it

yassow3

HSC
I did it too n I chose da pol pot one. I only wrote 3 pages n had soooooo much more things to write damn 40 mins not enough for slow ppl :p

how did u guys do in da other parts I do germany n I think I did really gud in it

rpietriche

HSC
hey i did cambodia as well- i prepared an essay on it and i thought the other option for indochina was pretty narrow. i was like the only one at my school who did it. i think alot of people just decided to cut their losses and not study it!!

tripperx

HSC
I did the Cambodia Question, I didnt study Cambodia that much but the vietnam questioned sucked. Over half of my class did Cambodia though.

arae

travels
HSC
I did Cambodia. Interesting question... didn't like either that much but it came together for me I hope. Basically my thoughts were that expansion toppled Shianouk, that it created the turmultious circumstance for communist overthrow, yada yada, pretty standard. I'm not feeling too bad about it since it was a hard question in my opinion and I think if we did it well then the markers will get all orgasmic on us :p

punkbabe89

HSC
I mentally blanked, even though i liked the Cambodian component of the course more than the Vietnam part, and forced myself to write on Vietnam.
One of my friends wrote on Cambodia though, the only one in our class, and came out regretting it because she felt she didnt have enough to say and cut it short to prevent repitition.

yellow_sub

HSC
i actually thought the vietnam question was pretty reasonable. there is a whole 5 syllabus dot points on vietnam between 54-64 and id made sure i knew those pretty well. however, i did so at the expense of the rest of indochina which i barely looked at. i figured whats the chance there is two cambodia questions? rather small, and i spose it was lucky i knew vietnam damn well.

what do you reckon the state average for those two questions would be? 50/50? i personally reckon there would be quite a few like me who jsut ignored cambodia, thus placing the split at about 30/70?

any thoughts?

FridayEvening

HSC
Dear Board of Studies: what the hell?

I spent so much time on the Americans in 'Nam and you don't even ask a question about it. For shame.

Oh well, at least I'd studied Kampuchea, too, so I could write a response for that.

againandagain

HSC
I prefered Cambodia as well compared to the whole Vietnam bit. Never been too good at studying so in my last minute cram just read a whole lot on Cambodia and crossed my fingers. it payed off :) fairly confident with my answer.

RasputinJnr

HSC
ahahhaha oh man. You thouhts resonate EXACTLY with mine. I don't know speific dates so I couldn't do the first one...and I fucked up the pol pot one as WE DID LIKE 2 LESSONS ON HIM. But like. i wrote an indochina essay without using the words 'guerilla warfare'...'ho chi minh' ...'nationalimsm'.
what is the world coming to?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)