Am I screwed? (1 Viewer)

Sirwest

HSC
This is my first time on the forums so I apologize if I put it in the wrong spot.

I just found out I did terribly in my Ancient History assessment that was worth 15% and I got a mark of 60% and ended up coming near the bottom of the class. I normally do quite well in the subject but this assignment that was given was a PP presentation and I just failed miserably at it and lost most marks for the communications with the audience part and such because I was so nervous. What I'm wondering is, would this make such a significant impact and pull my overall HSC mark down and if it's still possible to achieve 90% in the end? I'm sorry if it seems stupid but I'm just quite disappointed seeing as I was at the top and then bam I'm at the bottom.

cheepy5

HSC
15% weighting is pretty lowish, improve in your half yearlies and trials and you should be able to get ur ranks up

Sirwest

HSC
Thank you for your replies. I felt a huge drop in confidence when I received my mark but you've helped me boost it up again. Hopefully all goes well.

Capt Rifle

HSC
Thank you for your replies. I felt a huge drop in confidence when I received my mark but you've helped me boost it up again. Hopefully all goes well.
If you base your performance on introductory assignments, you're kidding yourself! -A wise man

Ajaxx

HSC
N/A
Not at all. When I was in Year 12 we had an assessment that was worth 20/25% and the guy who was definitely the best in the class only got about 60% in it and he was pretty crushed.

In the end though he ended up getting 96/7 for ancient. Even though he went shit in that assesment he was a beast in Ancient and dropped hardly any marks the rest of the year as well as in the HSC exam.

So basically one bad result (especially 15% assessment) doesnt mean you'll go bad as shown by this guy. Although he probs could have been a state ranker for Ancient if it wasnt for that stuff up!

hoofheartedgirl

HSC
Remember school assessments are only worth 50% of your HSC mark. It's still early so you can always climb back up in ranking.

Don't be too hard on yourself :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)