Am I right or wrong? I don't know.. (1 Viewer)

:(

• You're right, Intuition's wrong

Votes: 35 50.0%
  • Intuition's right, You're wrong

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Who the fuck cares

Votes: 24 34.3%

• Total voters

shuttle_bus5

HSC
We can’t stop you, we can’t make you be objective, we can’t make you post accurate statements and, realistically, we can’t even stop you from making racist, sexist or homophobic comments. .​
Yet you made him pull the whole thread down?
He was forced to take it down, Im assuming on the premise of inaccurate statements.
Justification?

absorber

HSC
Keep it up unless there are serious legal implications; your argument was relatively balanced, I'd personally keep it up. Get rid of the part which insulted the particular teacher and according to their criteria you should be fine o_O. But I reckon, contrary to mills, they'll threaten legal action if you were to keep it up w/o changing it.

Last edited:

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Youngminii,

I don’t know you personally, and you don’t know who I am, but I have worked for Intuition for the last 5 years and I have been a member of these forums for longer than that. There are probably not many people around here anymore who remember I am though. I can’t seem to find my password to my old account but the username was Mill (Bored of Studies - View Profile: Mill).

To answer your question, you were in the wrong.

I am surprised that you don’t understand and are still asking why or how you are in the wrong.

First, let’s talk about what was wrong with your post.

We are extremely proud of the culture we have at Intuition and we believe our staff serve as good role models for students in high school. We do not condone racism, sexism or homophobia. Your post was guilty of one of these. I am not going to name who you are in real life, or repeat what you said, and I am sure you will appreciate that I am decent enough not to do so in the same way that the person you wrote something about would appreciate you not treating them in such an offensive and disgusting manner.

The general manager called you this morning because he was mortified that the employee you wrote these personal slurs about might read them. Knowing the general manager as I do, I am sure that he felt a responsibility to be a good role model to you and to ask whether you considered such personal comments as appropriate. Schools often claim that they are not just about an education; they are about moulding young adults. We strongly feel the same.

So then, just to be clear, let’s talk about what was fine.

I have read the entire post that you made. A large portion of it is OK. You said some positive things, you said some negative things. Maybe you said more negative things than positive things. Great! We have no problem with reviews of our college. We prefer them to be accurate (and, as you said yourself, yours was not quite so) but we appreciate that the free speech we all enjoy means that this will not always be the case. Humans are not perfect. Regardless, positive reviews, negative reviews, in between – all are welcome. Sometimes they are objective, sometimes they are subjective, such is life. We might not agree with everything you have said, we might not think that everything you have said is objective, but we’re not going to take you to task for it in a public forum (I’m sure everyone understands that there are two sides to everything).

The honest truth is that we actually like the fact that sometimes we receive negative feedback here on this forum. The majority of feedback that we receive by mail or in person is positive and it is hard to work out where we can improve the service we provide if everyone only has good things to say. The simple truth is that some people prefer the anonymity that the internet provides them in order to say bad things about other people or businesses, including our college. We don’t want to question their choice of media and we don’t want to judge them for their choice of anonymity. Honestly, we’re just happy to get feedback that we can use to grow as a college. We believe in the service we provide, we believe in helping our students and we take all feedback with complete seriousness.

In the next week or so, I am planning to create a thread in the Tutoring forum for reviews of Intuition and, when I do so, I welcome you to post your review again if you remove the personal slurs – there is no place for calling people such names in the modern day. To show we are happy to receive all constructive feedback, positive or negative, I am hoping that by posting it in a dedicated thread, it will stand the passage of time and be available to others. Remember, all constructive feedback is welcome! I know your previous review had quite a few positives as well as what you considered to be negatives and, if it’s really what you want to do, you can remove all of the positives aspects and just post negative ones. If it's really what you want to do, you can repost the statements that even you have said were inaccurate. We can’t stop you, we can’t make you be objective, we can’t make you post accurate statements and, realistically, we can’t even stop you from making racist, sexist or homophobic comments. But we do hope you learn to treat other human beings with the same respect you would expect for yourself.

I won’t be back in this thread. This is just some food for thought for you.​
So I heard there were homosexual references in there, but I have no clue about that. If there were, they were completely unintentional.

And yes, I went over the line about one of the teachers, I said that. Perhaps I'm in the wrong about that, but I was expressing my opinion. I don't know, I didn't realise calling someone a faggot counted as defamation.

So keep me at an arms length by all means and Sani
HSC
come on dude, (where i would normally call you shit etc for being a fail asain) you have done nothing wrong.

the most funny thing is how you went in to discuss this with them after being harassed at 6:45am

pretty sure u should have said something along the lines of: lol nah fuck off, then hung up

K

khorne

All he said was "faggot"....Now, edit that out (if you want) and repost your post.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
come on dude, (where i would normally call you shit etc for being a fail asain) you have done nothing wrong.

the most funny thing is how you went in to discuss this with them after being harassed at 6:45am

pretty sure u should have said something along the lines of: lol nah fuck off, then hung up
Had no idea why he was calling me in. He just said that it was urgent and that I needed to come in asap.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
We do not condone racism, sexism or homophobia. Your post was guilty of one of these.

We can’t stop you, we can’t make you be objective, we can’t make you post accurate statements and, realistically, we can’t even stop you from making racist, sexist or homophobic comments. But we do hope you learn to treat other human beings with the same respect you would expect for yourself.

The only problem i see with his review (yes i've read the whole thing) was that he used the word "faggot" and perhaps the word "shit". You have to realise that most kids these days do not realise that the word "faggot" is actually a derogatory term for a homosexual - they use it as a simple insult in the same way they use the terms "idiot" and "jerk". Other than that, he obviously did not insult your beloved tutor in any way that was "racist, sexist or homophobic".
We do not condone racism, sexism or homophobia. Your post was guilty of one of these.

We can’t stop you, we can’t make you be objective, we can’t make you post accurate statements and, realistically, we can’t even stop you from making racist, sexist or homophobic comments. But we do hope you learn to treat other human beings with the same respect you would expect for yourself.

I won’t be back in this thread. This is just some food for thought for you.
The only problem i see with his review (yes i've read the whole thing) was that he used the word "faggot" and perhaps the word "shit". You have to realise that most kids these days do not realise that the word "faggot" is actually a derogatory term for a homosexual - they use it as a simple insult in the same way they use the terms "idiot" and "jerk". Other than that, he obviously did not insult your beloved tutor in any way that was "racist, sexist or homophobic".

@ youngminii - You'll be fine legally if you repost the entire thing, removing names when being negative about a certain tutor and replacing the word "faggot" with another word such as "idiot", "jerk" or "buffoon".

Last edited:

shady145

Banned
HSC
The only problem i see with his review (yes i've read the whole thing) was that he used the word "faggot" and perhaps the word "shit". You have to realise that most kids these days do not realise that the word "faggot" is actually a derogatory term for a homosexual - they use it as a simple insult in the same way they use the terms "idiot" and "jerk". Other than that, he obviously did not insult your beloved tutor in any way that was "racist, sexist or homophobic". If you people from Intuition do not realise this despite offering tutoring for English, i would be quite worried about you English students.

@ youngminii - You'll be fine legally if you repost the entire thing, removing names when being negative about a certain tutor and replacing the word "faggot" with another word such as "idiot", "jerk" or "buffoon".
well said

jet

Banned
HSC
I would repost, taking away names and 'faggot'. Leave the 'shit', because the person actually said it (I'm assuming, since you quoted it).

jet

Banned
HSC
the only problem i see with his review (yes i've read the whole thing) was that he used the word "faggot" and perhaps the word "shit". You have to realise that most kids these days do not realise that the word "faggot" is actually a derogatory term for a homosexual - they use it as a simple insult in the same way they use the terms "idiot" and "jerk". Other than that, he obviously did not insult your beloved tutor in any way that was "racist, sexist or homophobic".

@ youngminii - you'll be fine legally if you repost the entire thing, removing names when being negative about a certain tutor and replacing the word "faggot" with another word such as "idiot", "jerk" or "buffoon".
+ 1

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
Youngminii,

I don’t know you personally, and you don’t know who I am, but I have worked for Intuition for the last 5 years and I have been a member of these forums for longer than that. There are probably not many people around here anymore who remember I am though. I can’t seem to find my password to my old account but the username was Mill (Bored of Studies - View Profile: Mill).

I am surprised that you don’t understand and are still asking why or how you are in the wrong.

We are extremely proud of the culture we have at Intuition and we believe our staff serve as good role models for students in high school. We do not condone racism, sexism or homophobia. Your post was guilty of one of these. I am not going to name who you are in real life, or repeat what you said, and I am sure you will appreciate that I am decent enough not to do so in the same way that the person you wrote something about would appreciate you not treating them in such an offensive and disgusting manner.

The general manager called you this morning because he was mortified that the employee you wrote these personal slurs about might read them. Knowing the general manager as I do, I am sure that he felt a responsibility to be a good role model to you and to ask whether you considered such personal comments as appropriate. Schools often claim that they are not just about an education; they are about moulding young adults. We strongly feel the same.

I have read the entire post that you made. A large portion of it is OK. You said some positive things, you said some negative things. Maybe you said more negative things than positive things. Great! We have no problem with reviews of our college. We prefer them to be accurate (and, as you said yourself, yours was not quite so) but we appreciate that the free speech we all enjoy means that this will not always be the case. Humans are not perfect. Regardless, positive reviews, negative reviews, in between – all are welcome. Sometimes they are objective, sometimes they are subjective, such is life. We might not agree with everything you have said, we might not think that everything you have said is objective, but we’re not going to take you to task for it in a public forum (I’m sure everyone understands that there are two sides to everything).

The honest truth is that we actually like the fact that sometimes we receive negative feedback here on this forum. The majority of feedback that we receive by mail or in person is positive and it is hard to work out where we can improve the service we provide if everyone only has good things to say. The simple truth is that some people prefer the anonymity that the internet provides them in order to say bad things about other people or businesses, including our college. We don’t want to question their choice of media and we don’t want to judge them for their choice of anonymity. Honestly, we’re just happy to get feedback that we can use to grow as a college. We believe in the service we provide, we believe in helping our students and we take all feedback with complete seriousness.

In the next week or so, I am planning to create a thread in the Tutoring forum for reviews of Intuition and, when I do so, I welcome you to post your review again if you remove the personal slurs – there is no place for calling people such names in the modern day. To show we are happy to receive all constructive feedback, positive or negative, I am hoping that by posting it in a dedicated thread, it will stand the passage of time and be available to others. Remember, all constructive feedback is welcome! I know your previous review had quite a few positives as well as what you considered to be negatives and, if it’s really what you want to do, you can remove all of the positives aspects and just post negative ones. If it's really what you want to do, you can repost the statements that even you have said were inaccurate. We can’t stop you, we can’t make you be objective, we can’t make you post accurate statements and, realistically, we can’t even stop you from making racist, sexist or homophobic comments. But we do hope you learn to treat other human beings with the same respect you would expect for yourself.

lol

K

khorne

dw kids, it's ok to swear if you "motherfucking" quote it "bitch"

M@ster P

HSC
Just say when you called him faggot, you were calling him a bundle of sticks and were using metaphor to enhance your argument therefore you did not use any term that was "racist, sexist or homophobic".

Last edited:

kenster92

HSC
ahahahahaha all this over one word, teachers always think they understand when in actuality they don't. You're in the right.

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
Youngminii,

tl;dr
this college sounds gay
boycott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)