am i on the right track ? (please help) (1 Viewer)

big_jezza

HSC
probably a really late time to be posting this but yeh

in the are of study belonging, you use techniques to explain the 6 aspects of belonging (understanding, relationships, acceptance, identity, belonging & not belonging)
in module A (wilfred owen) you talk about how owens has used techniques to influence the readers response to war, and about owens ideas and context
in module B (distincitvely visual) you talk about how the compooser has used techniques to create a distinctively visual text, and how these images help with your understanding

but in module C (into the world) what exactly are you supposed to talk about ??:(</SPAN>

oksteph

HSC
They said that Into the world generally means going from one world transitioning into another. Where the protagonist matures and grows up in a sense.

Here are a few examples to help you understand it.
> Billy Elliot (What we are doing) - transitions from a lower class mining town to a world of professional ballet
> Legally Blonde - transitions from the stereotype of blonde being stupid to a lawyer.
> A Clock work orange - transitions from the violent life to a life of non violence.
> Looking for Alibrandi - don't actually know the story of this one, but into the world is a theme if you've seen it, you might want to use it as a related text

Good luck for your hsc

big_jezza

HSC
the main problem i have with this moudule is understanding how the composer uses techniques to show that cahnge/transition, is there any way that you can expalin that ??

thankyou for your help

fliick

HSC
N/A
the main problem i have with this moudule is understanding how the composer uses techniques to show that cahnge/transition, is there any way that you can expalin that ??

thankyou for your help
For example n the film Billy Elliot, Daldry puts powerful emphasis on metaphors. Markers love metaphors trust me ;)
He uses the "door" motif extensively; Billy's first initial glimpse of the new world of ballet is originally through the gap of a door (however roughly made it was). He bursts through the outhouse door in his frustration.
Daldry uses the vast expanses of brick walls and concreted slums of a struggling community to symbolise/accentuate the cold, closed world Billy is trying to escape from.
While Billy is dancing out his rage on the street he hits a massive corrugated iron wall. He shows it some frustration. da da da.

If the question is directly asking about *Techniques showing *change/transition, Your best bet is to find scenes/examples that are either turning points for characters, or finding 2 scenes that justapose/compliment eachother and compare them.

spoilt-brat

HSC
I'm doing 'Educating Rita' and we've been told to use juxtapostion as a main technique to show how one person goes from one world into another. For example this can be done through language and attitude juxtaposed from the beginning and the end of the play. You can also mentionthings used in your text which are symbolic of the two worlds i.e the window in educating Rita acts as a doorway between the two worlds.
hope that helps a little

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)