Am i just paranoid ? (1 Viewer)

CoffeeBeans

is bored
HSC
im a quiet person... just gets speechless @ times .........

my bf hints that quiet = boring

i know guys dun like a boring gf..

im paranoid... do i sense a breakup if i dont change?

Jake_434

The King of England
HSC
CoffeeBeans said:

No, you're not just paranoid. He is going to dump you. Yes you should change. Change everything. But not your underwear. Guys dig that- just turn them inside out every four or five days.

HSC
I guess (Like most other things) it sort of depends. If he's hinting at you being quiet, it might just mean that he'd prefer things to be different. I don't think it means he's definitely going to break up with you if you don't change.

Maybe you could try discussing it with him in order to determine how much of a problem it really is, it's possible that you're reading into it far too much. Then, if he says it is a problem, you could maybe talk about ways to resolve the problem in a way that's acceptable to you both.

Just because he thinks quiet is boring, I don't think that's a good reason for you to change the way you act, just to stay with him. Maybe a good talk so he realises that that's just the way you are will resolve everything? :)

Then again, I suppose it also depends on exactly how quiet you are. If you're quiet to the point where he feels like you're ignoring him, then it's understandable that he's a bit bothered by it. If that's the case, maybe the solution is as easy as ensuring that he realises that you being quiet doesn't necessarily mean that you're neglecting him or anything like that?

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
umm? well, i like it sometimes when there is silence between me and my boyfriend...
i dont think its boring at all.

how comfortable do u feel with him? and how long have u been with him?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
CoffeeBeans said:

He needs to accept that and grow up or move on, there's nothing wrong with you. Maybe you guys could go somewhere a little different if he's bored? There are quite a few good suggestions in this forum for places to go, things to do etc.

santaslayer

HSC
What do you mean by quiet? Is it because you have absolutley nothing to say to him at all? Wouldn't that indicate an incompatibility?

alby

cool duckie
HSC
k, i'm a bit of a quiet chick too (& a bit shy round new people too..but that's another story)
my ex thought that quite = boring..well in his words..quiet makes the relationship a "chore"..that was 1 of the reasons we broke up..but i'm definitely not saying that you 2 will though
personally i think most silences are pretty comfy...& my current bf agrees
it probably depends on the individual, but i think most people think the silences (on the phone or whatever) are pretty comfy........but usually if its awkward for 1 person, it'll be awkward for the other (or they can usually sense it anyway)
its good that he told you....but try no to get too worried about it, just talk to him..try & get his perspective..see how bad it really is for him (caus i know us girls can blow things outta perspective..nothing against you..i do it too)
do you have much in common (or can you try to find something, if you feel you don't)? (if you haven't/don't already) try talking about/doing stuff that you're both interested in/like doing

hope this helped...don't fret too much, just talk to him

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I give girls who open their legs but keep their mouth shut an 11/10. :p:D

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
yeah i wouldn't stress out too much about it. He wouldn't have started going out with a quiet girl he if he didn't like quiet girls.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
it depends how you are with him though. i have mates who are really quiet around people who they dont know well.... and that doesnt make them boring, that makes them kinda more interesting to me because they dont talk 24/7

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
well, how long have you been with him?
if it's still early days, maybe you're just not comfortable enough to blab everything to him all the time :) so no need to worry about that.
if you've been with him for awhile, maybe he just wants you to tell him what goes on in your mind. he won't break up with you if he asked you out knowing what kind of person you are.
but it's true that it depends on what kind of quiet. if you're just not much of a talker, then that's ok :) as long as you two don't have any discomforts being around each other in silence - sometimes it's quite romantic taking a walk together and not saying anything at all ;)
but if you're silent in the way that you have nothing to say to him, then you aren't really comfortable with him.
i had nothing at all to say to my ex. we used to walk to school together and i'd be thinking in my head "say something... talk about something... what?" and end up keeping my mouth shut. it's crazy... and now i hardly remember him at all because there was no communication.
so if you find yourself speechless when you're with your boy, just pretend he's your best friend. what would you say in that case?
it's these little things that tell us if someone's right for us or not. if this goes on for a long time and neither of you are happy with it, then maybe it wasn't meant to work, but like i said, it really doesn't mean he wants to break up with you at all :) he's just hinting. how else would a guy tell you what he wants in a girl? :)

S

Shuter

As long as you're hot he won't care that much that you have no personality.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
CoffeeBeans said:

i find reading this post was boring!

ur boring everyone!

quit boring everybody!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)