Am i doing enough study? (1 Viewer)

90atarpls

HSC
I dont know if i am, i really messed up during the year and trying to scrape out an 80+ atar
ranks can be found in my atar estimate thread

since the trial results were released ive been reading the content (3-4 hours a day), but im panicing now because i went to answer questions and its as if i just forgot everything i spent 3 weeks reading
and now since the holidays, ive just been doing questions from 9-12, having a break, then studying from around 1:30-4 and then break and then if im not tired i sometimes go from around 6-8/9
Im just scared that i wont finish everything ontime

Is there enough time, im typing this during my break, but sometimes im just too tired to study, and if i force my self to study i dont get much productive study done

I sleep for around 8 hours.. Im just always freaking tired

emilios

HSC
Tired?

Someone hasn't discovered coffee.

It's the fuel of the HSC my friend.

beaubrah

HSC
1) take 1 day off, just relax. You seem like you're burnt out. That may be the reason why you're forgetting stuff

2) do you think you are doing productive study for 9hours EVERY DAY. Cos doing it everyday will kill you mentally. If it isn't productive just relax and try shorten the time you study every day

3) are you understanding the concepts. So I think you do physics, so do you understand the theory behind the maths and do you know the theory content deep enough so that you can tackle any question. Remember anyone can memorize the content but its hard to apply what you learnt, that's where you're probably struggling.

So just relax, take a day off, understand the concepts. I know you'll do fine at the end

emilios

HSC
1) take 1 day off, just relax. You seem like you're burnt out. That may be the reason why you're forgetting stuff

2) do you think you are doing productive study for 9hours EVERY DAY. Cos doing it everyday will kill you mentally. If it isn't productive just relax and try shorten the time you study every day

3) are you understanding the concepts. So I think you do physics, so do you understand the theory behind the maths and do you know the theory content deep enough so that you can tackle any question. Remember anyone can memorize the content but its hard to apply what you learnt, that's where you're probably struggling.

So just relax, take a day off, understand the concepts. I know you'll do fine at the end
smart people take days off. champions drink coffee and power through.

there's only like 6-7 weeks before it's all over. just go hard, target your areas of weakness and smash it (e.g. instead of just doing the easy maths q's x1000, spend more time on a couple of the really hard ones)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Tired?

Someone hasn't discovered coffee.

It's the fuel of the HSC my friend.
Guys, you shouldn't be relying on coffee/energy drinks for the HSC :haha:

I can understand when you hit university~

I dont know if i am, i really messed up during the year and trying to scrape out an 80+ atar
ranks can be found in my atar estimate thread

since the trial results were released ive been reading the content (3-4 hours a day), but im panicing now because i went to answer questions and its as if i just forgot everything i spent 3 weeks reading
and now since the holidays, ive just been doing questions from 9-12, having a break, then studying from around 1:30-4 and then break and then if im not tired i sometimes go from around 6-8/9
Im just scared that i wont finish everything ontime

Is there enough time, im typing this during my break, but sometimes im just too tired to study, and if i force my self to study i dont get much productive study done

I sleep for around 8 hours.. Im just always freaking tired
1. It's okay to forget stuff. We're not memorising machines like Mike Ross :haha:

Most of the time, when answering questions, I referred to my notes --> learning how to structure my responses... I only relied less on my notes in the 1 week or so leading up to the exam... You don't always have to do things in exam conditions.

2. Relax, you'll finish everything on time if you make good use of your time.

Although not everyone can do it, there's many cases out there where people have crammed an entire year's worth of a subject syllabus into a matter of 2 weeks... 1 week... or even a few days... :haha:

3. If you're too tired, have a rest please. If possible, take an entire day off if needed. It'll help in the long run.

Also, maybe exercise during your breaks. It's easy to feel tired/sleepy when you're not getting any physical activity.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
@OP

Everyone's different , you need to experiment with different times/ schedules and then see how you feel.

You may be tired after sleeping because you aren't having quality sleep. Try turning off a hour before you sleep

HSC
Use Ritalin :p

haha jokes

In all seriousness, if you're trying to memorize something, you must constantly regurgitate it.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Should be enough 'study' if its effective but like nerd said everyone is different :)

MrTammoth

HSC
i managed to pull off 24/7 study without sleep. even if i took felt drowsy and weary i would take pills - special pills - and that would keep my awake like i just a mili second sleep. i stay at library even when closing - i bury myself in books to disguise myself. it is highly effective.

Lethal Toxin

HSC
Wow, either i'm screwed or you guys are over exceeding, cause i just started studying today...for 30 mins

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)