• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

am i crippling my chances? (1 Viewer)

minchi24556

HSC
N/A
i've never really understood UAC placement offers, but this year i'm going to apply for two degrees - physiotherapy at Sydney and chiropractic at Macquarie. i'm a non recent school leaver; my uai was 83 (2003) and i;ve done 1.5 years of study in health sciences at sydney previously, with a gpa of 5.8. this still doesnt qualify me for the cutoff in physio - 97, but i don't know what their nrsl intake will be like this year. chiro at macquarie on the other hand has a cutoff of 80 - so im seeing this as easy chances.

physio first, chiro second - if i put this on my uac application, and don't get into sydney, will it affect my chances of entry into chiro at all as compared to whether i put it in first place?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
with your nrsl index, youll definitely get into chiro, unless the cutoff jumps high dramatically.
For physio, it looks unlikely that you would be offered a place, so youll be better off applying for post grad.

If you dont get into physio, then youll be offered your next preference for which your demands meet their criteria, so no, it wont affect your chances of entry into chiro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)