• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

am i cooked? (1 Viewer)

helpwmyatar

HSC
yo guyss im actually desperate pls help

i got my sem 1 assesment ranks for my year 12 subjects and i did soo bad cs i was so depressed:

eng standard - 161/208
business studies - 58/124
society and culture - 9/28
pdhpe - 36/92
biology - 72/78

i want to achieve a 80 or 85 atar for my course but for another course i have to get a 75 atar MINIMUM. if i do really good in my next internal assessment, trials AND externals(HSC), is it still achievable? I just want to know if it is physically possible since i am so focused now (locked in lols) but i still want to know

thanks you guyss

Ashxxie

HSC
Honestly, you’re pretty screwed but you might considering your subjects are pretty good in terms of scaling. You can try checking out how many students in your school get a band 6 in the HSC each year through HSCNinja and that‘ll give you an estimate in where you wanna be in terms of ranking for your school. Good thing is HSC is worth half your ATAR so try to revise as much as you can. I’d recommend you focus on your english and biology, but I don’t know what your school’s strengths or weakness are so I can’t truly say it.

Test-king12

Banned
HSC
yo guyss im actually desperate pls help

i got my sem 1 assesment ranks for my year 12 subjects and i did soo bad cs i was so depressed:

eng standard - 161/208
business studies - 58/124
society and culture - 9/28
pdhpe - 36/92
biology - 72/78

i want to achieve a 80 or 85 atar for my course but for another course i have to get a 75 atar MINIMUM. if i do really good in my next internal assessment, trials AND externals(HSC), is it still achievable? I just want to know if it is physically possible since i am so focused now (locked in lols) but i still want to know

thanks you guyss
you are genuinely cooked good if your school rank is worse than 50 otherwise you got a chance.

Cherryy9

HSC
At this stage it's probably not really definitive- "will I get a 75+ atar or not?". If you're asking for an honest opinion. I would say yes. This would Especially be so if you school is highly ranked. In addition, if you can really up your ranks in the next assessment task and trials- that will help so much in the end. I also don't know your personal situation, however if you are now able to put in a lot more effort to previously, you actually might surprise yourself and climb those ranks. And- I am in no way saying that it won't take hard work and perseverance. Because it will.

Also, looking at your current ranks it seems the subjects you need the most improvement are biology and English. So maybe develop an effective schedule and clear goals. For instance, keep a planner to properly prioritise.
There are also some great productivity apps to help you which I personally still use in university. For example, notion and forest (pomodoro timer and you can grow trees when finishing a session!). In terms of Biology, bio on focus is a good textbook to supplement your studies as well as Pearsons.

Also, if you need help for Biology and English feel free to reach out. I currently tutor both and don't mind explaining any concepts you don't understand or sharing resources- especially if you feel you might have missed out on a couple things in the earlier terms!

So, Good luck!! Remember, there are always people who can help you and if achieving an atar above 75+ is something you really want, I hope that hard work gets you there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)