am i benefitting myself by helping those ranked above me?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi, for context i go to a top 30 school. am i supposed to lift those below me or further raise those above me or both??

thanks

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Hi, for context i go to a top 30 school. am i supposed to lift those below me or further raise those above me or both??

thanks
both ideally, honestly i reckon helping upper people is more beneficial but dont quote me on that

The total of the aligned exam marks equals the total of the moderated assessment marks.
Therefore, you want everyone to do well regardless of their ranking.
If one person gets 20 marks higher than expected in a cohort of 20 people, on average, each person will get an assessment mark 1 higher than they otherwise would have.

scaryshark09

HSC
by helping those above u arent u helping urself too? like by explaining to others it means u urself can understand the content better too
yes this is true, and also the fact it improves your chances of a higher moderated assessment mark

howcanibesmarter

HSC
depends on where u r currently ranked. I'd say if your at the top of the top then don't really bother, just focus on urself since thats probably what most people similar ranked to you do anyways. Plus, it doesn't really add any benefits if you help like the bottom ranked students since you pretty much just get marks based on the people around you. In other words, ensure people who are ranked at the top do well, so if you somehow mess up, it wont affect u as much.

if you kinda in the average then yes you should definitely help others, especially those at the very bottom. Internal marks have no impact your hsc at all, you could be scoring 30% internally but still b6 for your internals if everyone does well externally.

if you're at the bottom, then i suggest you seek help, either from students or teachers. If your last then by doing better you not only guarantee a better mark for urself but also everyone else since you close that gap between top and lowest mark, and bunches the marks together.

basically u want everyone to do well lmao

scaryshark09

HSC
If you are ranked first are you exempt from this and just given your own mark?

Asking for a friend ;)
Yeah, you are exempt generally
However, you don't get your own mark necessarily, you get the highest exam mark as your moderated assessment mark tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)