Am I Allowed to demonstrate my MDP to the marker ? (1 Viewer)

rach_06

HSC
Am I Allowed to demonstrate my MDP to the HSC marker ?

I'm building what is a very complicated MDP, it will require myself or someone who has been trained by myself to demonstate the unit working, I've been lead to believe that I cannot be there when my MDP is marked, if this is true how can the projecy be assessed to it full potential when to run it and demonstrate it I need to be there... I'm not letting my MDP out of the bag, but it's Multi-Computer based and quite complicated.

Can I apply to the Board to allow me to run and demostate the MDP. ?

Can I get a third party (like my dad) to demostrate the unit. ?

Can I Get another student (train him/her) to demonstrate the unit.?

Answers please, I'm beginning to stress.

I've spend last xmas holidays building it, I wanted to get ahead with the project becasue it is very complex.

Last edited:

szdg

Platinum Member
HSC
Re: Am I Allowed to demonstrate my MDP to the HSC marker ?

well.. to be honest.. a staight answer willl be no.. coz most of the people will they the one "guide" the marker may be influencial to the marking...

but the whole point of DT is to make sumthing that even someone didnt have prior knowledge and use it.. maybe for ur project.. write an instruction booklet.. (tho i got no idea what u are doing for it yet.. so is pretty hard to answer atm)

give me more info and probably i could help u along

rach_06

HSC
ok, so I can fire it up, leave it there running, and walk away and leave the marker to it... that's all I need to be able to do, just a hint, it's linux based and needs to be started up...

soul_VL

HSC
yeah i have the same problem, i need to show that mine works and is smooth and safe.

im just recording a few videos and setting my laptop on a table next to my DMP presentation

saying PRESS PLAY. easy fix

soul_VL

HSC
Ihave also been told you can get your teacher to operate it, for the markers.

danni a

HSC
yeah i hav a similar project that needs to be turned on...wat iam doin is when the marker goes near the sensor on the table my project will turn on and then run for a time period...im not sure how long ill c

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
i'm almost 100% sure your teacher cannot even meet the markers

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
ur pretty wrong mrme, the teachers always meet and great and try to influence them with providing lunch and what not...

for the record, you are allowed to display the product however it is preferred that you get someone else to show it for you, however, if this is not possible, you are allowed 2 do it

if this is going to be hard, i suggest you video it in operation and display the video...

derangedxapolog

HSC
the markers are professionals in what your MDP is all about.

for instance i have built a model,so my teacher has sent away a form (to the board of studies i guess) saying whats involved with it, so they'll send someone that knows what they are doing, a professional model maker in my case....

but maybe she lied, she always lies to me, oh how i loathe her

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
derangedxapolog said:
the markers are professionals in what your MDP is all about.

for instance i have built a model,so my teacher has sent away a form (to the board of studies i guess) saying whats involved with it, so they'll send someone that knows what they are doing, a professional model maker in my case....

but maybe she lied, she always lies to me, oh how i loathe her

all schools fill out a form indictating the nature of each of the projects, the markers are then allocated based on that, for example if a school has the mejority of its projects computer based, then the markers will attempt to get someone with a strong background in computers, same if the majority are woodwork ones, or if theyre textiles based.....

however, the same markers come to each school, so most of the time, you dont get someone specific to your project, its just luck, also, in regional areas, the same markers do the same area, so whilst they try to make the marker be appropriate to your project, you can get an IT nerd teacher marking your dress, or some old sewing teacher attempting to understand ur html coding...

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
You see what made me think the teacher wasn't allowed was i know for art 2 years ago my art teacher wasn't allowed to be there while the art was being judged. is it different?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)