Already know their results... (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The media have claimed that the Board originally tried to cover it up.

The student who has been all over the news - Brett Sham - took the matter to his local MP (who just happened to be the Shadow Education Minister), and she exposed it.

^___^
HSC
Dropkick said:
I read how the BOS and the Gov't are saying that we had unauthorised access. My question is, how is it unauthorised if I only used the information that they provided me, to access the results, ie my student number and pin. Surely, by them giving me that information, with the intent being that I use it to access the results, that is some form of authorisation?
if u learnt how to shoot with a gun
and some stranger gave u a gun, loaded with bullets

and u killed someone with that gun, are you saying you can get away with it?

afterall, you used what you have been "given"

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
http://www.seven.com.au/news/video

CLICK ON THE LINK FOR "Students see HSC results early on internet (7news)" UNDER WED DEC 15 lol IT TALKS ABOUT BOS!!! I HAVEN'T LISTEND TO IT YET, GOT TO DO THAT NOW
"Nothing?" If you find these hidden messages PM me. How long will it take?
it is true the link was found on here???

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
but you can enter it at any time, to check your ranks. they didn't do anything wrong. it's the bos fault. "It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type." If you find these hidden messages PM me. How long will it take?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
From today's SMH

Although the severity of the crime, first offender etc...he or she will never get 15 years

The rogue programmer who launched a pre-emptive strike on the Higher School Certificate results, potentially giving more than 66,000 students their results three days early, could face up to 15 years in jail, according to an expert on information technology and the law.

Andrew Mowbray, professor of law and IT at the University of Technology, Sydney, was speaking after a police spokeswoman said yesterday the fraud squad was investigating the unauthorised access to marks.

The Herald reported yesterday that the NSW Board of Studies' Students Online website was programmed to release results at 6am today, but on Tuesday someone spread online a partial replica of the website that allowed students to request their results. Because the coding matched the official website, the board's database granted the request, and 101 students' final marks were accessed before a parent's tip-off led to the information being secured just before midnight on Tuesday.

Professor Mowbray said accessing information online was rarely a crime under present laws, so students were unlikely to be charged for using the counterfeit web page. Those who could be in trouble were "the people who produced the page or published it online ... that's fraud". But as no damage was inflicted and financial gain did not appear to be the motive, the offender might escape with a suspended sentence or community service, he said.

The Nick

McBain
HSC
Some people from my school have been able to view their bands since yesterday when someone rigged the site to show HSC results through the SC part of the site.

Still waiting on the marks though

Acid

HSC
Hahaha that Brett guy is the biggest homo alive - "Umm ye I think it's unfair that some people get to view their results early yet others don't" - whip out mate. It's clear that he just wanted to get his mug on the news...

robbie19

HSC
i think.... the person who did hack it should be institutionalised for life for being the biggest nerd this world has seen and should surely seriously think about getting a life. as impossible as it is, nevetheless, i dun see any purpose in seeing ur marks 1day bfore it is released.

hek_si_la

HSC
N/A
Lazarus said:
The media have claimed that the Board originally tried to cover it up.

The student who has been all over the news - Brett Sham - took the matter to his local MP (who just happened to be the Shadow Education Minister), and she exposed it.
I believe that is incorrect. Mrs Jullian Skinner, the Shadow Minister for Education and Training is the member for North Shore. I know for a fact that Brett Sham is NOT a constituent of Mrs Skinner, as he does not live in her electorate. He took the matter to Mrs Skinner because he wanted her to expose it and use it to the Liberal Party's advantage.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
robbie19 said:
i think.... the person who did hack it should be institutionalised for life for being the biggest nerd this world has seen and should surely seriously think about getting a life. as impossible as it is, nevetheless, i dun see any purpose in seeing ur marks 1day bfore it is released.
The person's not a nerd. It doesn't take that much effort to get into the website.

And that person probably did it just for fun or to see if it can be done rather than check the results.

mishka

HSC
N/A
who, the people who accessed the site early?? or the people who rigged it??

anyone would have jumped at the chance to get their results early. the whole scandal just goes to show the lack of security the site actually has. and as for the different name debacle this morning, that's just pathetic.

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
I didn't even know about this till today lol.
But then i've been hiding in fear of my results :rolleyes:
I must say that if i had have had the chance to see my results eary I probably would have though. Power to the people who did!

Sabbo

HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
so unfair i think that they dont deserve a hsc if they do that shit coz we have to wait so y shouldn't they?? Off with their heads I say :vcross:
Haha you're just pissed off that you missed out :)

Carlito

HSC
asscookie said:
For the past few years now channel 7's been scraping the bottom of the barrel in an effort to get viewers. It's pathetic.
lol, dont upset them, they're probly reading this thread for stories

Anyway, there was somthing wrong with Channel 7's footage of boredofstudies. The logo didnt have its Santa hat on.... hmmmmm

Oh yeah, and they made it look like the link to the forum called "UAI/HSC Marks - Class of 2004" was actually a link to the results

and the clip of someone loging in and getting their results..... if you look carefully at the results that come up, it says "Higher School Certificate 2003"

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Skeeta said:
I heard on the radio that some smarty pants from a NSW selective high school has hacked into the Board of Studies Website (or studentsonline) and already found out their results. The link has been closed but some smarty DID IT!!!
It wasn't smart. It was simple HTML injection. The web design was pathetic. Even now they disable right-click as if to say "that'll stop 'em". Or not. It's easy to bypass. They can't prevent it - it's a system DESIGNED to be accessed. They can't upgrade - that would just create new loopholes waiting to be found. So they simply patch the current loophole. Maybe the best idea... but maybe not.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Carlito said:
lol, dont upset them, they're probly reading this thread for stories

Anyway, there was somthing wrong with Channel 7's footage of boredofstudies. The logo didnt have its Santa hat on.... hmmmmm

Oh yeah, and they made it look like the link to the forum called "UAI/HSC Marks - Class of 2004" was actually a link to the results

and the clip of someone loging in and getting their results..... if you look carefully at the results that come up, it says "Higher School Certificate 2003"
why do you think you learnt frontline for?

all a bunch of liars and/or exaggerators.

but i guess from their perspecitive, if it works then might as well do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)