• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

All teachers are biased to some degree (1 Viewer)

aspired

HSC
Anyone is bias to some degree or in some way. All our views and opinions differ

Does anyone ever feel the need to change the way they approach exams or assignments because of the teacher who is marking it?

I find that I kind of sub-consciously note down what the teacher would like and not like. Such as if the teacher taught you a concept differently from how the textbook teaches it, you go by what they say

I have a temporary english teacher who's marking our yearlies. She said she hates the word "thus" and she hates seeing people use commas

No one in my class will be using a lot of commas or using the word "thus" in their essays hahah

---

Also, does any one feel like they once got a mark they didn't deserve?
Such as if another teacher marked it, you might have gotten a better mark?

Just some thoughts.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I have a temporary english teacher who's marking our yearlies. She said she hates the word "thus" and she hates seeing people use commas
That's ridiculous. Both are perfectly valid.

Teachers definitely do have bias. You should however, find your own style and write that way. However, that said, in high school its all about finding a balance.

HSC
i 10000% agree with this.
i have a few biased teachers and know of a few biased teachers.

lizajane91

HSC
i completely agree! ...however do any of you guys get really annoyed when some kids are like " i got this crappy mark so the teacher must hate me and you always get good marks because the teacher likes you"
grrr oh and because study has nothing to do with it...idiots.....haha sorry thats the end to my lil rant

HSC
i completely agree! ...however do any of you guys get really annoyed when some kids are like " i got this crappy mark so the teacher must hate me and you always get good marks because the teacher likes you"
grrr oh and because study has nothing to do with it...idiots.....haha sorry thats the end to my lil rant
i agree with this to an extent i guess.
but then i think in one of my subjects im getting excpetionally high marks which i dont deserve. and it showed in the trials when i got a low mark for the exact same thing..

daryl-d

HSC
i agree with this to an extent i guess.
but then i think in one of my subjects im getting excpetionally high marks which i dont deserve. and it showed in the trials when i got a low mark for the exact same thing..

cheer up, u've still got one of the top three ranks at the only manadtory subject... thats not an easy thing to do

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Hahah, what a noob. Wow...

My legal teacher does not like me for some unknown unspecified reason, so she has taken marks off of my work unfairly, example A:
I had marks taken off for writing COMPEL instead of what she would have liked - 'OBLIGE'...and it made perfect sense in its context...

Last edited:

emmcyclopedia

HSC
I have to agree with this. Some more than others - they're only human.
I like it when some of my teachers request us to use our bored of studies student numbers as opposed to our names - just reduces the favouritism so that you know you really earned your mark.

Actually, I have a question about this:
just recently, i had a bit of a confrontation with one of my teachers. I was getting really angry with this teacher's inability to care about our class anymore - he gives us random sheets, puts on videos, and hasn't done a single period of revision with us, and we've only got 1 week left of classes until we leave!!
After a heated discussion, he pretty much shut me down and told me he didn't want to talk to me.
The thought only recently crossed my mind - is it possible that he could alter my assessment marks for this subject without me knowing about it???
I've worked hard in this subject and as such have attained first place rightfully so - is it possible that he could send in the wrong mark to the board of studies, seeing as he is also head of department. I don't think he'd stoop that low, but is it possible???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)