• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

All student's email - parking (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

the trains coming down the north shore line (hornsby to city) arrive at chatswood either as the MQ train is leaving or a couple of minutes late, meaning that no matter what you have to wait at Chatswood - the shortest wait ive had there was 12 minutes and the longest was 27 minutes (they cancelled a train on the 3rd day of the line operating)
I don't know why they don't sacrifice frequency of trains for coordination with transfers at Epping and Chatswood. :-/

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Perfect example of market failure. MQ attracts other private companies (research park etc) and other non-university projects (eg hospital), so why don't they bypass Sydney Buses and provide a free/subsidised shuttle bus service to major train stations/locations? Can't see it costing too much, and it will reduce some congestion in an instant. That being said, no initiative will stop me from driving in. It would be almost 3 hours door to door. I would rather carpool.

Jennt

HSC
N/A
I live in the hills district too, and it take me 30mins max to get to Macquarie. Then again, that area is pretty broad so there might be worser options where you are.
I think if you actually live close to Castle Hill you're probably OK. But I live in Cherrybrook - which is notoriously HORRIBLE for public transport. We can't even get a bus to Castle Hill from where I am. The only option is to walk 5km to Castle Hill or catch a bus to Pennant Hills and then a bus back to Castle Hill!!!!!

So, my trip from here would be to wait for the very intermittent and unreliable bus to Pennant Hills; then a train to Epping; then a train to Macquarie.

:mad1::confused::eek::spzz:

I start a new job on Wednesday this week - in Camperdown! I think getting there will be much easier by public transport than trying to get to Macquarie...

Last edited:

S156

HSC
I live in East kurrajong and getting to uni by public transport is ridiculous. It entailed a 20minute drive to windsor or richmond train station, a 40 minute train ride to seven hills, a long wait at seven hills until a 30+ minute bus to macquarie. I was leaving home at 8am for a 11am start at Macq. Now I drive, which takes 1hr - but getting a park is a nightmare of course...

The only way they are going to encourage me (and I would assume others who live a fair way from macq) to use public transport would be if it was cheaper, more reliable, and had more direct services to macq. Which I dont think will ever happen.

Also - I only moved to Sydney this year for uni so if anyone has any suggestions on how else I could get from the East Kurrajong area to Macq it would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)