All Nighters? (1 Viewer)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Have you ever pulled an all-nighter the night before an exam? If so, do you think it actually helped, or just fucked you up even more because you were too tired/stressed, etc?
I've done the all-nighter thing the night before assessments were due, cos all you have to do is turn up, hand it in, then you're free to bludge and be docile for the rest of the day. But the night before an exam, I always try to make myself go to bed at 3:30 at the absolute latest. (when I have to be up at 6:30, that is...). Sometimes I've been so stressed out that at this time I'm still wide awake freaking out, but I force myself to go to bed anyway, because I'm worried that I won't be able to think properly the next day if I have had absolutely no sleep, and also, I find that cramming for ages then going straight into an exam means that all the information is all sort of up in the air and mixed up, whereas if you have a break afterwards or sleep on it for a couple of hours, it sorta sorts itself out, and has time to cement itself into your brain.

^___^
HSC
it works for differnet ppl i guess...

some rather be an all-nighter...some rather wake up heaps early the next morning and study then

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
well studies show (all those that did the umat would recognise this)
that once sumthing new is learned it is best to take a break in which time the new skill gets tranferred from ur short term memory in the front of your brain to ur long term memory at the back..
it is best to not overload urself with lots of information becuase in some cases if the brain doesn't have time to recognise and tranfer new info.. it can be forgotten when attempting to learn more things without a break..
(correct me if i am wrong.. i know the exam said sumthing like this)
but nah i cram badddddd but i find it helps... as soon as reading time is over in an exam..i regurgitate everyhting onto paper..
good wholesome fun.
good luck to everyone

m3h_m3h

HSC
i always try to get the good ol 8hrs sleep b4 an exam :D
i do all niters for assessment tho.

s2ophie

HSC
i've never done an all nighter. I always have my 8 hours and if i don't i'm wrecked. In year 10 i was averaging 10 hours a night but i just can't do that anymore. I think the latest i've been up to finish an assesment is 1.

is a roflcopter
HSC
the only allnighter i've done is playing games
i like to wake up early for exams though

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i did an allnighter first day back of the last holidays. i had to finish my major sdd and when i came to school to hand it in the teacher said she wasnt expecting it and i had an extra 2 weeks to do it. all day in class i felt all shakey and hyper so im guessing for an exam, it wouldnt be good to do an allnighter.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Did one on Tuesday. Spent all night doing science notes & had lack of sleep. Ended up going home from school early the next day, I could barely move let alone stay awake.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Ive done 2 allnighters in two weeks. Last week I lost all of my assignment which was due the next day and had to stay up all night and do it. Absolutely useless the next day.

^___^
HSC
i'm planning to do an all nighter this upcoming wednesday nite...trials for ipt the next day...eek!

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
The only plus side to having no sleep is that I'm always so buggered and just want to to get it over with and forget about it, so I tend not to stress out so much during the actual exam.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I don't think I could do an all-night when I have an exam the next day! I'd be too worried that i'd fall asleep, miss my exam & that the fold-up table will collapse underneath me!

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i do all nighters all the time.. my most recent all-nighter was a modern history assessment and i was the only one in the grade to get full marks.... so do not underestimate the powers of all nighters.

mmmmm caffeine.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Most people I know of that did all-nighters look so pale the next day. One girl I know was doing great on her subjects, until she all-nighted for this chemistry assignment. Few days later at a maths exam, she went very bad..

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by underthesun
Most people I know of that did all-nighters look so pale the next day. One girl I know was doing great on her subjects, until she all-nighted for this chemistry assignment. Few days later at a maths exam, she went very bad..
yeah that is totally the problem.. i refuse to do them if i have another assessment within the next few days.. it is just a recipe for disaster.

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
I did an alnighter last thursday, but was dead tired the next day. I was falling asleep in every class, couldn't concentrate, etc. I guess they're right when they say get your 8hrs of sleep a day. I think it's fine if it's for an assesment you have to hand in, but not when you have an exam. you seriously could fall asleep and miss your test like loz said, plus you won't remember much anyway.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I was considering doing one tonight, after reading one of the threads in the english forum, but knowing me, i'll miss the exam. Basically, i'll just have a nervous breakdown before I enter the room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)