algorithm....!!! (1 Viewer)

-[Kakashi]-

HSC
can someone clarify if the FOR command is pseudo or VB syntax...?! :confused:

am i allowed 2 used the FOR command in an exam...?

Glide

I believe there is a:

FOR x = 1 to 100
code blah
Next X

command... well thats what our teacher said. Somehow I think im gonna steer away from it though :|

SamD

HSC
N/A
They are mentioned in the prelim syllabus, so you can use them, but only in pseudocode.

The pseudocde syntax from the real BOS is unclear, either FOR...NEXT or FOR....ENDFOR should be acceptable.

-[Kakashi]-

HSC
ok thx ppl..
coz i asked my skool teacher.. she said no and its more part of VB syntax...
but wen i ask my tutor who is pretty adv... he said its accepted..
anyways.. THX!

MrMiK

im sure the SD book has a list of all the usable pseudocode commands. although i dont have the book here.
if its in there .. id say its legible

Glide

Remember that using For Next can be very inefficiant... If you used a while statement you can get out of a loop quicker, dunno if markers will favour efficiancy but yeah.

B.A.M

Western Sydney - but I'm a north shore girl at hea
FOR loops are actually more efficient for a loop in which you know the number of records etc that you want to process as there is no need to increment for the next bit to be processed.

You can use FOR/NEXT loops in flowcharts as the just look like any other pre test loop (i'm pretty sure that's what my teacher said) - but i am going to stick to pseudocode anyway cause we've been drilled in that format.

Best of luck with the algorithm question/s - I'm hoping its not as bad as some of the trial ones!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)