aldosterone...!!! (1 Viewer)

halimduman

HSC
hey people i need an answer to these afew questions urgently..

1.what is the main artificial substitute for aldosterone??

2.hormone replacement for kidney function usually involves several artificial hormones. what are these hormones and what do they do??

3. name and describe a disease/disorder that occurs when the adrenal cortex produces insufficient amounts of hormones

itll be great if sumone can get bak to me soon..
thankss

zingerburger

HSC
These are obviously questions from homework or from an assignment. Remember, people aren't here to do your work for you. These questions could easily be answered by Googling, Wikipedia-ing, or looking it up in your textbook. But I won't be stingy so I'll get you started:

1. Florinef (there's a more scientific term but I can't remember it).

2. Google it.

3. Addison's disease. Look it up and provide your own description.

P

Pimpcess.Snaz

1. Fludrocortisone. It is a corticosterioid used to help control the amount of sodium and fluids in your body. It is used to treat Addison's disease and syndromes where excessive amounts of sodium are lost in the urine. It works by decreasing the amount of sodium that is lost (excreted) in your urine.

2. The above is the only one i know of.. google is the way to go =]

3. Addison's disease. People who don't produce enough aldosterone also have low blood pressure and this consequently reduces nephron efficiency.

Even if this was your homework its helping me study which is helpful since i've got my bio half-yearly this wednesday so hey, win win situation :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)