Alcohol, what it can & cannot do.. (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
People react to alcohol differently, and while some people may be drunk as a skunk yet retain control, for some people they just lose any sense of control. However, I truly believe that if you want to see someone's true colours, get them drunk.

Mendo

HSC
Some people are really cool drunk- they're more fun and lively. Some people are fucking assholes drunk and should never be given that substance again. I can have a 6 pack and still be fine, but i don't drink any more than that usually cos I can feel myself losing some contol, getting a little slurred and slow. I trust myself and I know I wouldn't hurt anyone (cheat etc), but i see what other people do when pissed and it scares me, plus i think its disgusting and not worth the bother. Cheating is cheating no matter when where or under what circumstances. There are degrees, but if someone hooks up with someone else whilst in a relationship- thats cheatin brother, resolve it how you will. Being pissed isn't an excuse, its usually a reason.

jay9nine

lonley plz msg me
well i dont drink...period mainly cause its tastes like absolute crap but yeah cheating is cheating drunk or not!!!!!

i certainly wouldnt except it as an excuse from my bf

Driftz`

glycerine said:
People react to alcohol differently, and while some people may be drunk as a skunk yet retain control, for some people they just lose any sense of control. However, I truly believe that if you want to see someone's true colours, get them drunk.

Hmm i don't believe getting someone drunk show's their true colours.. i reckon heaps of people put on this image when they are drink as well.. like i mean they tend to act all over the place and 'not all there' when really there all fine, just putting up an image. hmm!

S

Shuter

Driftz` said:
Hmm i don't believe getting someone drunk show's their true colours..
I do, get someone really smashed and they'll tell the truth and do what they really want to do much more than usual. It's all about loss of inhibitions/reasoning/consiquences. They'll say all the decisions or thoughts or feelings they've already made but were too afraid/tried to cover up telling.

Driftz`

ahhhhh who knows mate. lol im glad people had an open opinion about this topic.. i thought i was the only one! LOL

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I have to agree, u watch some people they don't drink at all... it's like guys that pretend to get high off smoking pot.

It really bothers me when i drink alot more than other people, yet they act like they're pissed as... and i don't think it's just tolerance levels (2 beers and your running into walls? fuck off.)

Driftz`

Not-That-Bright said:
I have to agree, u watch some people they don't drink at all... it's like guys that pretend to get high off smoking pot.

It really bothers me when i drink alot more than other people, yet they act like they're pissed as... and i don't think it's just tolerance levels (2 beers and your running into walls? fuck off.)
I know what you mean, but everyone is different.. i mean whilst one person can have 5 shots of tequila and get drunk, someone else can have 2 shots n there knocked out.. it all depends on who you are and also knowing your limits i reckon

S

Shuter

Not-That-Bright said:

It's a bit like there's a drunk mindset though. I think you can get into it if you just let yourself relax like at a party and are completely switched off.

Like I know I was at one of my friends house he had a fair few people round all drinking, I wasn't because I was driving, yet I did find myself becoming louder, and walking out to my car I like slightly stumbled and ran into something twice. And I wasn't even trying to act this way at all, I think I was just really relaxed and not thinking about much.

But yes, some people milk it/act it up.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I'm on muscle relaxant medication for epilepsy which means I get drunk a lot easier than most people, so while it may seem like I get ridiculously smashed on a relatively small amount of booze, there actually is a reason for this.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
alcohol is a powerful placebo. but i do agree that those who are genuinely drunk show true colours

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
glycerine said:
I'm on muscle relaxant medication for epilepsy which means I get drunk a lot easier than most people, so while it may seem like I get ridiculously smashed on a relatively small amount of booze, there actually is a reason for this.
*cough*

/looks around

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
jay9nine said:
well i dont drink...period mainly cause its tastes like absolute crap but yeah cheating is cheating drunk or not!!!!!

i certainly wouldnt except it as an excuse from my bf
you don't drink because you think you will cheat on your bf if you do?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
A person who truly has high morals will still maintain their moral standards, drunk or not... someone who deep down wants their halo to slip will let it slip whenever they have the slightest excuse....

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
A person who truly has high morals will still maintain their moral standards, drunk or not... someone who deep down wants their halo to slip will let it slip whenever they have the slightest excuse....
true dat .

HSC
N/A
I have been in a realtionship for close to 7 months now i love my boy friend and would never do anything to jeopardise the relationship. I know that when i am under the influence i dont know what i am doing, and something could possibly happen, therefore i don't drink at parties for the soul purpose of preventing anything stupid from happening.

My boyfriend on the other hand, does drink at parties, and becomes the most GULLIBLE person there. Once at a party when he had quite alot to drink he asked me if he had kissed other girls, mind you i was at this party with him. From that night i convinced myself that under the influence he was totally oblivious to anything he was doing, therefore it was easy for him to cheat and not know it. I had a converation with him about what could happen at parties when he has been drinking and he said i needed to trust him.

If he cheated i would never speak to him or see him again.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Some people just do stupid things when they drink, i dont think its an excuse for cheating on someone you are with because usually when you are pissed you are just doing what youwant to do without regard for anyone else. But, at the same time, pretty much everyone can relate to waking up with a hangover thinking fuck what did i do last night..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)