Albert Speer and Germany (1 Viewer)

rude

Hi Modern History friends!

Albert Speer:

significant events in his career, significant influence on his career AND his role in war effort from 1941 onwards. Can you please tell me if we need to know anything else about his funky life?

Germany:
CSSA 2003: account for the transformation of German social and cultural life under Nazism by 1939. Apart from talking about education(Uni,school), motherhood, nazi church, hitlers youth,labour. Is there anything else you can shove in????

Thanks in advance!!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I don't do Speer, but for the cultural life one you can talk about art, film, radio, television (just joking lol)... hang on, I'll look at my summary....

Here is a few things

Newspapers and Books- One of Goebbels first actions was to burn all un-German books. Newspaper criticism of the government was banned. Newspapers were told what to report by the Ministry for Information.

Art- Nazis regarded modern art as degenerate. Many artists left Germany. 19th century conservative techniques were used in Nazi art. Subjects were based on the ideals of Aryan beauty, the beauty of the body, and nobility of the peasantry. Nazi realistic art was without artistic merit. Art was used as propaganda for the masses- reflected the Nazi ideals, promoted Volksgemeinschaft.

Film- The film industry flourished in the Nazi era. Jews and liberals in the industry fled to the USA. All films were strictly censored. Goebbles controlled films. Films were a vital propaganda tool for the Nazis, as Germans were regular film-goers, as it was a form of escapism. 95% of films were entertainment, while 5% were plain propaganda. Newreels were used for propaganda.

Theatre- Classical plays with heroic and historical themes were revived. Theatre was very popular- it was supported by the Strength through Joy scheme. Jews and liberals were excluded from theatre.

Music- remained of excellent quality. Classical music was used in Nazi rituals. Jewish composers and performers banned. Jazz and swing regarded as degenerate, and was banned.

Plus all the things you mentioned.

Hope that helps.

2003HSC

the last 2 HSC Q's on SPeer have been the same with describing his life events and then contribution/role in war effort.
The trial questions have been more specific, eg influences on his life, realtionship with Hitler, war guilt.
Im guessing this year will be the same as the previous years but you never know

rude

thanks 2003HSC, Buggdogg,braindrainedAsh and my hero Rude!
for hsc i am definitely preparing answer for tranformation of cultural and social stuff AND Nazi foreign policy. what about you friends?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm just going to cram like I've never crammed before :)

I am the cramming queen, bored and shitty, only eighteen!
Cramming queen, feel the heat from the HSCCCCCCC
You can't think, or summarize, hating this time in your life
See this girl, watch her scream, this is the cramming queen....

That was supposed to be an adaptation of ABBA's dancing queen.... oh my god.... I really should go study this is tragic lol.

kdu

Ditto with the song.

Could anyone tell me how Speer is technocrat or whatever that means?

emily

he claims he was an apolitical technocrat - focused on nothing but the work given to him - therefore was not guilty/had no personal knowledge of hollocaust etc.

argh, this tuyding stuff is shitting me up the wall. Yeah, next week i have maths and then french the arvo b4 modern, so modern is being a little neglected, but i figure it'll come to us in the exams!!

speer, well contribution to war effort, was he a technocrat and architectual contributions (tho that would be tricky)

HSC
Technocrat: A technical expert, especially one in a managerial or administrative position (dictionary.com ;P)

So Speer would've been a technocrat because of his involvement in the war effort and his performance as minister of armaments. Like he immediately started to fix things up and increased production of arms n all that monkey business.

kdu

Thanks,, gosh, I had that question in my trials and I though he some kind of aristocrat or something!! Yeah, I;m insane..

Alexander

Gold Member
Yeah.
I think he's cool. Isn't it great how he manages to achieve NO facial expression ever?
Apparently a malfunction in his brain gave him the equivalent of loads of Prozac-----NO EMOTION! that's so cool!
I feel so hurt when people call our speer boring

kdu

You tickle me..

I agree he's much more interesting than Leni. I don't know anything about her except.. she was a bit freaky kicking reporters and screaming... at her age.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)