albert speer again! (1 Viewer)

*rikku*

just wondering, what is the best way to tackle the second part of the personality question? particularly albert speer? is there anything i need to focus on A-LOT??? how do i structure my response???

thx

~V~

Gold Member?
HSC
N/A
Well, obviously you have to focus on his guilt--but it is prob best just to work through the issues which all contribute to this.
Try structuring it under sub headings, eg.
INTRO
JEWFLATS
CONCENTRATION CAMPS
TOTAL WAR and ARMAMENTS MINISTER
POSEN CONFERENCE
GUILT?

and under the headings be sure to include issues such as the holocaust etc. and of course historiography from Fest, Van der Vat, Sereny, and Speer himself.
Since it is your essay you need to write it and structure it how it suits you and your style of writing.. but i hope that helps :)

Oh, and once you have finished the essay be sure to delete the headings!!

HSC
considering that the first q on speer has always been some description of his life, that's pretty easy...

the second always seems to look at his role in the big picture and his personality; so look at how he contributed and what kind of a person he was...

e.g. he contributed to ideology through his architecture
he had great organisation which no doubt prolonged the war and promoted the idea of 'struggle' etc etc...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
his architectural side is less likely to be important....

Jennibeans

HSC
make sure you watch the dates the question gives and only talk about what happened or what Speer did between those dates

noseintheclouds

where i always am, with my nose in the clouds
HSC
N/A
reply to ~V~ and everyone else

i noticed you wrote jewflats. that isnt something that we've been taught about, considering we had to teach ourselves that, is it something important that i missed?

secondly, you guys seem to have alot more info than our grade. we know none of this posen stuff, or not even alot about his guilt, except that he didnt have any. just out of curiosity... do you think we have a disadvantage?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
We werent even taught this. You have to go and research it yourself.

KarmaKitten

HSC
noseintheclouds said:
i noticed you wrote jewflats. that isnt something that we've been taught about, considering we had to teach ourselves that, is it something important that i missed?

secondly, you guys seem to have alot more info than our grade. we know none of this posen stuff, or not even alot about his guilt, except that he didnt have any. just out of curiosity... do you think we have a disadvantage?

You were supposed to research it yourself.

As for his guilt, I dont think you should concentrate on it much, they dont want you to focus on nuremberg trials.

Jennibeans

HSC
KarmaKitten said:
As for his guilt, I dont think you should concentrate on it much, they dont want you to focus on nuremberg trials.
it depends on the question asked i mean if the question asks about his role in war time germany or the extent to which he was an apolitical technocrat for example then his guilt with regard to the jews and other minorities will come into it

KarmaKitten

HSC
Yeah what I meant to say was, you wouldnt concentrate a lot on nuremberg trials.

I think they did involvement in racial policy in 2002?

hmm..i bet its that one again

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
Am i the only one whos class didnt do albert speer actually in class
we did an assessment on him and they told us to find info under specific headings and then answer a structured esssay in class. Not a lot of people did well and we were given a couple of sheets with a lack of useful info to 'scrub up our note'
because of this albert speer is one of my worse sections

KarmaKitten

HSC
umm if you read everyones post you will notice that most of us didnt do speer in class, you were supposed to research him yourself.

M

mick18

Did anyone know that Speer's grandson happens to be one of the founding members of the Subway food restaurants?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)