alan border medal... (1 Viewer)

stef since 1986

hahahaha - martyn!?? LOL

i rkn ponting too... hayden and gilly to follow...

dus rookie refer to rookie to the AUSTRALIAN team... ? if so, then michael clarke has def got it (no bias *looks suspiciously sideways*)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by stef since 1986
hahahaha - martyn!?? LOL

i rkn ponting too... hayden and gilly to follow...

dus rookie refer to rookie to the AUSTRALIAN team... ? if so, then michael clarke has def got it (no bias *looks suspiciously sideways*)
yeah, michael clarke and kaprowitch maybe.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
shaun tait for rookie of the year, i was thinking paul rofe.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
yep no suprise that he got it- but what i'm suprised is the gap at which he was leading the table by!
do u know where i can find the scores.. i was listening to it in the background instead of watchin it

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I can't believe Martyn came in at 6th for ODIs. I mean seriously, the guy should've been out of the side around a year ago. Don't tell me about his 80 odd in the WC final either, against that indian attack Mcgrath would've ripped them.. I say get rid of Martyn and bring back Lehmann for another couple of years (the guy deserves it) or Clarke to invest in the future.

Pace Setter

I dislike Martyn, but he's not that bad for ODIs, especially on flat tracks and quick wickets. He was our best batsmen in the TVS Cup, and that was in India, so that must say a bit. However, he is quite poor in tests. In fact, he hasnt scored a test century in over 2 years!! (last century against SA in 2001). I doubt whether he'll survive in SL. Boof and even Love/Krappich are much better choices, but somehow i think martyn will keep his place as Punter is his best mate, and we all know how Symonds got into the world cup squad. On Clarke, i dont think he's done quite enough to warrant test selection yet. His defence isnt as good as it could be, and considering our whole batting lineup is made up of attacking players, i think we need a more solid, proven player in the middle order right now rather than a flashy youngster.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by jim_green
I can't believe Martyn came in at 6th for ODIs. I mean seriously, the guy should've been out of the side around a year ago. Don't tell me about his 80 odd in the WC final either, against that indian attack Mcgrath would've ripped them.. I say get rid of Martyn and bring back Lehmann for another couple of years (the guy deserves it) or Clarke to invest in the future.
martyns got a bit of class and alot of experience and he seems to b improving - so i wouldn't drop him just yet!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
martyn was doing being pretty well up until recently. he's a number four batter and your going to be batting at number four in either test or odi's you need the big scores. look at dravid and kallis, classic examples. anyway he's too vulnerable these days, especially in the cover/point region. Katich definately needs more time out there, perhaps even martin love again for someone elegent yet with a decent defense. I'd also take clarke on the sri lanka tour so he can learn a few things from touring the sub continent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)