airlines..... (1 Viewer)

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
im looking to get my ass to frankfurt in 2006.
my question: ive been given tentitive prices for high season travel with a few different airlines.
qantas is too expensive- i could fly on staff travel standby (dad used to work for qantas) but that could mean i get offloaded in singapore and would have to wait there for a flight with free seats, which could take a few days, but qantas pay for my accomodation.
gulf air sounds dodgy
korea air sounds dodgy
japan air or japanese airlines sounds good, but is pricer (possibly coz its not going to crash)

am i just being rediculous or should i pay the extra $100 and go on japan air/japanese airlines, or wait for standby? any advice?

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
well which months exactly are you going?

whatever you do, DON'T fly with Lufthansa (that's a German airline) --> old plane, crampy seats, no personal inflight entertainment system, and NO amenities kit as well! but then again, that could be because I got right off a Qantas flight with state of the art airline stuff :) but lufthansa does have cheaper deals somehow. (a good option if you don't care about quality and service)

Qantas seems to be a good choice! you see, I am pretty sure that you won't have to wait a few days at singapore. even if you do, shouldn't you feel lucky that Qantas' paying for you to stay there? I wish they would pay me to stay there haha...

anywayz, you are damn right about Gulf air, don't fly with them! don't really know about korean airline though.

well, JAL does have some good deals but it all depends when you're travelling basically. because right at this moment (Jan 17 to 24 Feb, and usually other low season somewhere between mid Oct and early Nov), JAL offers the cheapest deal to Europe i can find!! ($1449 tax included at Sta Travel, bring this price to Flight Centre and get beaten by $20 haha... unbelievable!)

you may also like to consider Singapore airline to fly to Frankfurt but the problem is that, since Singapore's star alliance with Lufthansa, you might actually get a codeshare flight operated by Lufthansa. seriously, in my opinion, i think your best bet's with Qantas, unless you get a good deal with either Emirates or other asian airlines.

if you like more about prices and stuff, the best website to go is www.bestflights.com.au
and if you wanna see what type of food the airlines offer, go to www.airlinemeals.net

:) any question please feel free. i love to discuss airline :D

Last edited:

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Donshe said:
Gulf air isnt dodgy at all.

Having being born and grown up in the country of origin for Gulf. I have travelled by it many, many times.

Why do you think it is dodgy?

id rate it higher then antas, and more on par with emirates and british ariways.
hehe coz people have told me horror stories about it. ;)

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i flew to frankfurt on qantas in july2003
and it was packed from sydney to singapore
and then basically empty from there to frankfurt
i had 3 seats so did mum and dad had 4
so i dont think you would have a problem getting on a flight
but then again i dont know what time of year you are flying
and anyways would a little stay in singapore be that bad?

Last edited:

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Donshe said:
haha, everyone hates it.

ah well, like i said, i only know my experiences, and havent traveleld by it for the last 6 ish years.

...still theyve got given poor feedback :(
aww... dont' worry about it. well, i used to really like Cathay Pacific (though haven't flown with them since like ummm 9 years ago). I always rave to people about it. but my mum flew it again recently and she didn't like it much at all! and i was disappointed.

but I still like Qantas :D had excellent flights with them this year

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Donshe said:
Ohh you serious !!

I loved Cathay too. Don ttell me thats gone down as well :S

Lately, when flying out of Oz, Ive mostly used Singapore...

Cathay doesnt serve the routes I want out of ehre too well.
yeah, like they used to have Hagan Daaz ice-cream but mum said that they don't have that and that the food's crap blah blah blah... but then again, she's got Singapore airline to compare it to ;)

you're so lucky!! Singapore airline is the best! I realy wish I have a chance to fly with them though.

I am going to fly with Virgin Atlantic soon, wonder how that will go :cool:

dave_119

Banned
HSC
sugaryblue said:
yeah, like they used to have Hagan Daaz ice-cream but mum said that they don't have that and that the food's crap blah blah blah... but then again, she's got Singapore airline to compare it to ;)

you're so lucky!! Singapore airline is the best! I realy wish I have a chance to fly with them though.

I am going to fly with Virgin Atlantic soon, wonder how that will go :cool:
hahahahaha virgin atlantic.. hahahaha

i always fly qantas, nothing beats qantas

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
azzie said:
im looking to get my ass to frankfurt in 2006.
my question: ive been given tentitive prices for high season travel with a few different airlines.
qantas is too expensive- i could fly on staff travel standby (dad used to work for qantas) but that could mean i get offloaded in singapore and would have to wait there for a flight with free seats, which could take a few days, but qantas pay for my accomodation.
gulf air sounds dodgy
korea air sounds dodgy
japan air or japanese airlines sounds good, but is pricer (possibly coz its not going to crash)

am i just being rediculous or should i pay the extra $100 and go on japan air/japanese airlines, or wait for standby? any advice?
have a look @ the website i put a link 2 just before ^^^^^

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Donshe said:
True man, Singapore rocks, and this is rcent too, Flew with them few months ago.

Dont know if its same for Econ. but Busines is sweet.

Wish I had the cash for First class lol.

Love the games !!

SNES !
haha... flying Business ain't good enough eh?? oh man, i DO wish I get the chance to fly Business ~sigh~ so expensive though!! maybe if I am rich enough (or marry a pilot, or a millionaire one day! haha)

dave_119 said:
hahahahaha virgin atlantic.. hahahaha

i always fly qantas, nothing beats qantas
oh.... i sense some skepticism about VA. do tell?! i only booked with them coz it was tad cheap!! :D i love Qantas too... we should hook up ;)

dave_119

Banned
HSC
sugaryblue said:
oh.... i sense some skepticism about VA. do tell?! i only booked with them coz it was tad cheap!! :D i love Qantas too... we should hook up ;)
only if ur female!!! ;)

VA, i thinks it about the same as virgin here crap, heaps cheap but dont expect any service, rough ride, cause the pilots r paid cheaply, so id expect them to fuck up the landing.....

where about u flying VA to?? i thought they only did us to europe, hence atlantic

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
sugaryblue said:
whatever you do, DON'T fly with Lufthansa (that's a German airline) --> old plane, crampy seats, no personal inflight entertainment system, and NO amenities kit as well! but then again, that could be because I got right off a Qantas flight with state of the art airline stuff :) but lufthansa does have cheaper deals somehow. (a good option if you don't care about quality and service)
Lufthansa no longer flies to Australia - they cut back there services in 2002. Are there other airlines that fly to Frankfurt other than Qantas, Gulf Air, Korean Air and Japanese Airlines??
What about Lauda Air, British Airways or something like that ... dunno if they fly directly to frankfurt though, you would have to do some research. Oh, what about American airlines or something.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
dave_119 said:
only if ur female!!! ;)

VA, i thinks it about the same as virgin here crap, heaps cheap but dont expect any service, rough ride, cause the pilots r paid cheaply, so id expect them to fuck up the landing.....

where about u flying VA to?? i thought they only did us to europe, hence atlantic
haha don't let my Mr Collin Firth deceives you ;)

Virgin Atlantic is a UK based airline company that i think is not really related to Virgin Blue (though my flight with Blue earlier this year wasn't too bad at all). though i am skeptical about it too! coz i heard both pros and cons things about it. but i saw the plane (the exterior anyway) and it looks cool with its slander silverish body ahaha...

i am flying to HK, though the flight will continue to London (without me) :( they started offering the service from 8 Dec. but i am so sad that they won't give me extra luggage allowance!

Last edited:

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Cape said:
Lufthansa no longer flies to Australia - they cut back there services in 2002. Are there other airlines that fly to Frankfurt other than Qantas, Gulf Air, Korean Air and Japanese Airlines??
What about Lauda Air, British Airways or something like that ... dunno if they fly directly to frankfurt though, you would have to do some research. Oh, what about American airlines or something.
it doesn't fly to australia, that's why i got a flight with Qantas to Singapore then have to fly with lufthansa from there onwards :(

BA flies to Franfut as well (i think from my memory) but only via Bankok and Singapore. but i think it's like a codeshare flight with qantas? BA's quite good as well!! but i swear i've spotted a couple of BA planes at the airport while at work, one's definitely going to LONDON (or maybe Singapore-Frankfurt-London) oh well

american airlines don't :(

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
hmmm theres some like airline thing where u book with one company (ie. qantas) and they fly u half way, then u have a reserved seat on another airlines flight from the intermediary destination. Suposedly they have a certain % reserved depending on what airline/destination.

When i last travelled we were booked through qantas ... we flew to Singapore on qantas then from singapore we got a gulf air flight to Bahrain, then another gulf air flight to Morocco.

And yeah, why does everyone think gulf air blows :p ??? it was pretty good ... but still id pick qantas over ne others (from my experience ;) )

dave_119

Banned
HSC
its a king of alliance b/w the airlines, e.g. qantas does not fly to canada, therefore, canadian air transports passengers of qantas from l.a to canada, same for the carribean etc

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
apparently, according to friends, emirates is the best airline, followed by singapore.....and the malaysian one is good.........swiss air was dissapointing though....:(

Mumma

HSC
Emarites and Singapore are the best airlines. I would recommend Emarites. Gulf air, I havnt travelled on since I was a kid in primary . Average airline.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
isnt it a bit early to plans for a 2006 trip? or is it early 2006?
im hoping to get one of those all around the world tickets at the end of 2006....

take singapore if you can... its definitely the best... qantas sucks compared to it... but then again youll get discount for qantas right? well at least accomadation

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
That surprises me, the Swiss are usually good at everything.

I've been on Air New Zealand. It was ok, but I'm not fan of flying - being in a metal tube a few kilmetres about the earth's surface isn't my favourite thing. Plus, I got food poisoning on the return trip.
Dah the swiss are good at everything.

Plus oj, if you plan the trip now and book early you get really good discounts on the flight cause its an early booking :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)