Aiming 2 get 100% (1 Viewer)

JJV

HSC
2007 Half-yearly is coming up in several weeks.
I want 2 get 100% in every subject <CAN I ????>:confused:
It looks stupid and impossible. well.......I don't know ?!?!

HOW DO I GET IT ?
I NEED SOME TIPS FROM "ALL OF U"

I'm doing Ext.1 Maths,2 Unit Maths,ESL,Society and Culture,Physics,Hospitality,Business Studies.<HSC '07>

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I'm not going to say its impossible, but its extremely close to impossible to get 100% in all your exams because you're bound to lose a mark here and there. It's good to aim high if it motivates you to study and try your best, but don't put so much pressure on yourself!! Or else you could burning yourself out, or being disappointed in your marks not matter what.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
In an exam situation it is not impossible but it is not an easy ask. As sprinkles said your bound to lose some marks here and there and make mistakes simply because they are exams.

I am assuming you want a high UAI, well you don't have to get perfect marks to get one, ranking is important also.

Instead of 100% aim you would be better off having an aim to try the best that you can and then be proud of whatever mark you get. :)

Season

HSC
I have gotten 100% in an ext. english task and 100% in a chemistry exam

In most other subjects I've gotten close to 100% but never that full way.

Looks its very very possible, happens at my school all the time (damn stupid people annoying perfectionists !!! I'll KILL YOU) ahem, its not easy, in fact people call it impossible for a reason but you can do it, and lemme tell you, its the BEST feeling you can get, knowing that you worked and completely aced that piece of assessment.

Sofstar

HSC
Think about it realisticly. It's not impossible but that's gonna be some tough studying to get everything right in all your subjects.

williamc

HSC
100% for everything is a bit unrealistic, i think you are putting too much pressure on yourself.
Girl at our school with a UAI 100 i'm pretty sure didn't get 100 for everything (if anything) more like 99's and 98's (does high scaling subjects though). Just aim for first rank, and as high as possible marks even if they arn't the perfect 100.

cupcake08

HSC
ummm sorry but thats just not realistic.

if you set acheivable goals you'll feel heaps better when you attain them. rather than getting 100%, 99% 100% = fail :(

jaaaaay

HSC
pretty hard goals you're setting yourself... just try your best, that's all you can do.

p.s. physics - use jacaranda!

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
Sure it's possible to get 100% in exams, pretty hard to do it for ALL. I have done it in the past for some. I like your attitude. You should study/work like your trying to get 100% BUT don't get so intent on achieving this that you'll beat yourself up for falling short. Really, high 90's ain't that bad :)

tezza6189

professional time waster
HSC
JJV said:
2007 Half-yearly is coming up in several weeks.
I want 2 get 100% in every subject <CAN I ????>:confused:
It looks stupid and impossible. well.......I don't know ?!?!

HOW DO I GET IT ?
I NEED SOME TIPS FROM "ALL OF U"

I'm doing Ext.1 Maths,2 Unit Maths,ESL,Society and Culture,Physics,Hospitality,Business Studies.<HSC '07>
as far as I know I have not met one person who got 100% in every subject in the HSC, because coming first doesn't necessarily mean getting 100% in your HSC exam . Some subjects, like 4-unit maths, for example, rarely has anyone getting 120/120 (I think the only person I know who actually topped 4unit by getting 100% in it is my current uni lecturer . lol) and I believe they don't actually give 100s in any 2unit subjects. They do give 100s in extension subjects though.

if you're after a UAI of 100 - note that it is not required that you get 100% in every subject in your HSC exams.

now, with your half yearly exams - getting 100 in ext 1 maths and 2u maths shouldn't b too hard if you work quickly and accurately - if you can't figure something, don't spend too much time on it, you probably can work it out if you leave it and come back to it.

with english - I think the way to go is learning your pre-written essay word by word . I know the teachers always say quality over quantity - but quantity does matter. And if you can memorise a perfect pre-written essay then you get both quality and quantity.

personally I dont think your aim should be getting 100% in every subject - rather, your aim should be coming first/close to first in every subject because for assessments only the rank matter. it doesn't matter if you get 80 in something but you're the top mark. in this way you won't freak out if you get a super hard exam.

Last edited:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^ NOTE: learning your english essays is ONLY workable if you are capable of manipulating your essay on the spot to fit the question...

otherwise i strongly advise against memorising essays.

somewhereelse

HSC
its much easier to do it with assessments! if i were you i'd aim at coming first instead. cause first ranked, imo, is just as good :)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
magpam said:
who ever said it is possable are liars ... unless you cheat or rig the papers
It is possible for maybe one or at a stretch two subjects, but for every subject I can't even imagine it being done.

zlatanstylez

HSC
Well JJV, i believe to it being possible, because when it comes to having the right motivation, positiveness, and an actual "study plan", you shall surely succeed in your Half-Yearly's :D, dont be scared, because im in the same position as you are "hehe" :p. All i shall advise is to study as much as you can, because every minute of your time is crucial at this stage if you want what you are hoping for! Goodluck, and hoping all the best for you. Just dont forget to put "much" effort. Tell us how you go? Only if you wish :D

And dont ask yourself if you are capable, be positive about yourself because positive motivation is the key to getting 100%

Last edited:
HSC
I can't remember if I posted....You seem like you are quite capable of achieving this aim, but dude, seriously aim for first. That's more attainable than 100% in EVERY SINGLE test! Not that I want to dissuade you from doing the best you can but you're putting unneccessary pressure on yourself, and you haven't even begun to feel any pressures of the HSC yet. There's no way you are going to get 100% in every HSC exam...so just do the best you can.

Or if you really do feel the need to aim that high, not that i'd advise this but try for something like get over say 95, allowing for the inevitable mistakes you are going to make.

Although I think its good that you are aiming high. "Shoot for the moon. If you miss at least you're with the stars" :wave:

Last edited:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^ depending on the school you go to and your subjects, first could very well mean 100% :)

so study away - but aim at 100% realistically.

dont have "inflationary expectations" [sorry - too much eco. can't thnk of a better word atm] and then if you dont get 100% get all upset...thats not good.

aim at 100% if thats what you need to come first.

otherwise, just aim at the ranks ;)

cupcake08

HSC
-pari- said:
dont have "inflationary expectations" [sorry - too much eco. can't thnk of a better word atm]

hahahaha
time to put those economics study notes away :p

jdcb4

HSC
Go for 100. Should be able to get it easy in Adv maths there's hardly anything in that course. Ext I bit harder but very possible. Physics it shouldn't be that hard, assuming you can rearrange an equation. It is of course humanities that 100 is hard to get in. I don't know anything about S&C, Hospitality, or ESL. But assuming you're actually smart and are prepared to put in the effort, it is possible. I doubt you'll do it, but it's possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)