ahh jap extension! >.< (1 Viewer)

tutmut

HSC
N/A
okay dont laugh at me -.-;;

well im in year 10 & and im starting the jap continous yr 11 work atm~

do you reckon that by the time in year 12..if i study my ass off that i will be able to do the exam as though its in english?

llike understand the listening (cos im really bad at it) really fluently?

and so i can enter the speaking exam really confidently and talk about the topics as fluent as my english?

(born & raised in australia)

does that make sense 0_o

blah

SO BASICALLY if i pre study the syllabus with my current tutor will i be able to be somewhat fluent?

thanks in advance =]

P

pLuvia

Possibly, but don't rely on high school japanese to make you fluent in the language ;)

dongypro

HSC
yer u wont get fully fluent.. ull sound like a text book like me..

to become fluent u gotta be influenced by everyday jap..

they dont purposely use random structures to make it sound like u know structures.. its more evreyday convo.. try goign to japan on exchange.. pft only yr10.. lol got a long way to go ...

Oritsuro

HSC
I don't get it...what does this have to do with Jap extension?

In any case, if you just want to do well in listening and speaking HSC tests, that can be accomplished by studying. The listening tracks don't speak as fast as native speakers normally do, and speaking topics are fairly predictable in that there's a set amount of topics you can be asked about.

To do these things as well as your english, requires you to think in Japanese, which would probably take a few years of constant exposure to 'real' Japanese.

kkewi90

MUAHAHHAHAA~~
HSC
if you want to be better in your listening try watching j-dramas or anime, you'll pick up quite alot of vocabs along the way and it makes for easier studying at school.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
if you are after marks, then i guess your tutor may be adequate to equip you with speaking, listening, reading and writing skills.

However, if you want to be able to speak like a native japanese, you need a lot of interaction with them and have a feel for the language rather than regurgitating the textbook. Yep, i agree with exchange, but that can be expensive. So perhaps in the mean time you can make Japanese friends, or speak to your teacher in Japanese when you have the opportunity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)