• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

AH! Is approx. 9 days enough!? (1 Viewer)

Tutored

Snooze Fest
HSC
I know that pretty much everyone on here has said that the SC was a peice of cake, and that studying for it is a waste of time, but I honestly think I need to know my work, so, thanks anyway, but I will study over the next week or there round-abouts, and I want to have some idea of what Im writing about.

I did so bad in the trial exam it isn't funny...then again, so did most of my year - to give everyone an idea, I think one of the best scores in maths was 66%

So anyway, goodluck to everyone else doing the SC!

Last edited:
A

Apricot-Angel

Ahaha--I try not to stress, but I just can't help but be afraid of getting lower marks: I really want at least band 5 for science and English :bomb:

One of my deputy principals said that if you don't do well in a particular S.C exam, then it's possible that you may not be allowed to do a particular subject that you want to do in year 11- is that true? :O

wanted4911

HSC
yeah it depends on the school really. If they see that your a dedicated student then they will take you regardless of your mark...

However some schools like to scare their students lolz

we were going to take a seperate Adv Maths Exam to see who gets into extension 1

however it has been cancelled because we have a cermony on that day lol and our teacher couldn't find another day, so his going to take averages and see who gets into ext 1

but you should be able to do the subjects you want. They can just RECOMMEND

K

katie_tully

One of my deputy principals said that if you don't do well in a particular S.C exam, then it's possible that you may not be allowed to do a particular subject that you want to do in year 11- is that true? :O
That's a load of crap. They can't stop you from doing certain subjects in year 11 on account of your year 10 SC marks.
Once you start the HSC your SC becomes irrelevant. I've never used my SC.

ilovessfc

HSC
Apricot-Angel said:
Your school must be pretty strict then. I think its a load of bull, they can't stop you from doing the subjects you want. We just get recommended, but the recommendations are in most cases based on the results you get after a year of bludging.
I haven't done any homework since school started, and i doubt anyone but the biggest nerds have.

Scare tactics don't really work on our year, being officially crowned the "Worst Year of Macarthur Girls High 2006-2007" at the end of the year.

May Santa be with us in spirit to help us take out the title again.:santa:

Smith2K7

HSC
ilovessfc said:
I got 97% in GEO and HIS an 90% in English without doing anything. In maths i got 71% :p

I'm not gonna study, just read over some notes in history (singular events- remember to memorise the timeline events happened in! Ie, petrov affair, vietanm war... pretty easy but its always in the SC) and do a couple of maths papers.

DON'T STRESS!

The dumbest girl last year to do the SC got a Band 3, so it just goes to show.
...Good for You

Anyways, what is it... 4 days till the SC. OMFG!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)