Age of Empires II HD remake coming to Steam! (1 Viewer)

lolwot

HSC

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221380/

:santa:

Now includes, updated effects and graphics, includes multi-monitor and high-res widescreen support, and ingame MATCHMAKING

Im so excited! It comes out 9th April 2013, or the 5th if you pre-order! Although, even if you owned an old retail copy, you will have to rebuy it.

ps: I know there is Voobly/Gameranger forMP, but I think this will bring multiplayer AoC to a muuch wider audience

Last edited:

IrLOL

HSC
There was already a mod that enabled HD resolutions, not to mention the unofficial expansion pack that just came out which included a new custom campaign and races without changing the game play of the original. It also enabled all resolution support.

However I think this is a good thing as more people will play Age of Empires 2 now that it is available digitally. Its just not very exciting when you take into account all the multiplayer options that already exist.

I must admit though that fixing the colour bug on windows 7 machines is awesome! I hate having to close explorer.exe every time I wan't to play.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Awesome, this was my favourite game once.

Jordyz96

HSC
Hahaha, I remember playing this game back in the day. My older brother would bring me to the internet cafe at Liverpool so we could play LAN together with his friends. I was too young to understand much though, took me a while to realise that you were able to "upgrade" infantry, buildings, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)