Aganist abortion (1 Viewer)

TiffANNA

HSC
Okay i just finished my speech on abortion, and i have to say i'm 100% against abortion.
Abortion is a crime against god and human kind, it's just another word for murder becuase that's what it means : the killing of an unborn child.
In other words an innocent life is paid for the mistake that you did.
Many women out there have medical issues which stop them from reproducing, so why kill a life of a child but instead give the child a home in which they would be loved and cared for.
so how else is with me?

Kim Il-Sung

HSC
what about

if you were raped and became pregnant

if the embryo showed a strong probability of intellectual or physical disability

the possibility that the child would not be 'loved and cared for' even if it was adopted

the rights of the pregnant woman to make decisions that affect her own body

possible physical, social or vocational implications of pregnancy/maternity

speak

HSC
There are plenty of instances when it is fine to do away with the mash of parasitic cells that is an "unborn child".

HSC
Okay i just finished my speech on abortion, and i have to say i'm 100% against abortion.
Abortion is a crime against god and human kind, it's just another word for murder becuase that's what it means : the killing of an unborn child.
In other words an innocent life is paid for the mistake that you did.
Many women out there have medical issues which stop them from reproducing, so why kill a life of a child but instead give the child a home in which they would be loved and cared for.
so how else is with me?
lol

scroates

fresh meat
HSC
First of all murder refers not to just killing but rather the injustice done to the person by the action.

What's to say an early foetus is a person, does it have conciousness? A will to live? Is it rational? At what point does one draw the line to when a foetus becomes a person?

Making a bald claim that abortion is murder is ridiculous without appropriate justification.

Why should abortion be illegal?

I believe that the mother has a greater level of personhood than the foetus. The foetus, especially in early development, only has a potential for the same personhood. Now as actuality and potentiality do not hold the same moral significance the foetus can not possibly be entitled to the same rights as the mother. The mother has rights over the foetus, over her own body, this is called property rights. Why shouldn't these rights outweigh the potential right the foetus has for life?

Consider this:
Suppose an unwanted individual enters and lives in your home against your will. Do you not have a right to remove them? Is there not law to enforce this? Now apply this to the unwanted foetus in the womb of the mother. The mother does not want it there, she has a right to remove it, not intentionally killing the foetus, but rather its death is a side effect void of intention.

So basically if you want to make such an inflammatory statement try to find a basis for it morally and ethically please. Gut feelings make for terrible ethics.

bazrah

HSC
First of all murder refers not to just killing but rather the injustice done to the person by the action.

What's to say an early foetus is a person, does it have conciousness? A will to live? Is it rational? At what point does one draw the line to when a foetus becomes a person?

Making a bald claim that abortion is murder is ridiculous without appropriate justification.

Why should abortion be illegal?

I believe that the mother has a greater level of personhood than the foetus. The foetus, especially in early development, only has a potential for the same personhood. Now as actuality and potentiality do not hold the same moral significance the foetus can not possibly be entitled to the same rights as the mother. The mother has rights over the foetus, over her own body, this is called property rights. Why shouldn't these rights outweigh the potential right the foetus has for life?

Consider this:
Suppose an unwanted individual enters and lives in your home against your will. Do you not have a right to remove them? Is there not law to enforce this? Now apply this to the unwanted foetus in the womb of the mother. The mother does not want it there, she has a right to remove it, not intentionally killing the foetus, but rather its death is a side effect void of intention.

So basically if you want to make such an inflammatory statement try to find a basis for it morally and ethically please. Gut feelings make for terrible ethics.
This post doesn't really present good arguments. I understand what you're trying to say but your comparisons are stupid. An unwanted individual may enter your house, and you can remove it, but if you kill that individual in the process of removing it than you'd probably get a murder trial especially if the intruder was just sitting in your house doing nothing except eating some of your food.

PH011

HSC
Sorry you lost me at "crime against god"
btw I'm for abortion for specific reasons, namely the ones mentioned above (rape, extreme disability)
Don't think it should be used when the mother or father were too stupid to use contraceptives and now have brought this unwanted human being into existence..

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Sorry you lost me at "crime against god"
btw I'm for abortion for specific reasons, namely the ones mentioned above (rape, extreme disability)
Don't think it should be used when the mother or father were too stupid to use contraceptives and now have brought this unwanted human being into existence..
what happens when they use contraceptives and they fail

etc

god i hate this forum, get the fuck out the lot of you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)