after the NEP what happened? (1 Viewer)

~~Jess~~

HSC
ok what was the reslut after NEP i know there was this huge debate over what they were gonna do economically betwwen bukharin and trotsky/preobrazhensky but what did they actually end of going with? the syllabus kinda skips from the debate to stalin seems like there's a bit of a gap there that i gotta fill and i dunno what with.
help would be greatly appreciated! :)

bobbie212

they initially went with the nep until trotsky had been defeated in the power struggle. the nep was going shit at this stage and stalin implemented collectivisation and 5 yr plans in 1928

Ziff

HSC
N/A
There is no gap.

When viewing the NEP debate you also have to look at party succession, as we know, Lenin died in 1924.

What happened during the period was the NEP debates, which you seem to know so I'll skip. This came to a head in 1927/1928 during the procurements crisis. By this time, Stalin through his political skill and extremely important position as General Secretary had started putting in motion the plan which would boost him to power.

Most importantly, however, was Stalin's use of the "Urals-Siberial Method" during 1928 when he actively encouraged rural party officials to seized hoarded grain under a law from 1926 which prohibited all "ill intentioned" price rises in grain. Economically, the policy which Stalin would pursue is direct mobilisation through force.

Anyway, the result of the NEP debates was nothing, Stalin came to power :p Hence, you must look at the NEP debates and the struggle succession as being intertwined with each other. Then after that comes all the stuff with Stalin such as modernisation/industrialisation/collectivisation and the rest...

~~Jess~~

HSC
ohhh! but u cant intertwine the 2 in one paragraph. i was gonna do all the economic stuff then all the political stuff! and didnt exactly realise they were going on at the same time. its so confusing! but really thanks for helping its pretty much sorted it out

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah it's hard. That's why you talk about one issue at a time, allowing the major issues to create the structure (based on importance to the question asked) as opposed to chronology which has the potential to stuff you up if you can't do it right because lots of things were happening at the same time.

~~Jess~~

HSC
yeah see i thought history was ok when i first started, was just gonna regurgitate facts along a time-line though now i dont find it easy. its tricky knowing whats when and who, esp when they change names, like when did the bolsheviks become the communist party, is that still them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)