After the Bomb Predictions (1 Viewer)

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
Now that Advanced is over, let's focus on the more superior course! What do you think the question will be this year?

bui123

HSC
Now that Advanced is over, let's focus on the more superior course! What do you think the question will be this year?
I have a feeling it'll be a harsh question haha. I'm imagining that they're gonna specifically identify a way of thinking that has emerged in response to the event haha. What do you think?

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Aren't they always really broad??

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I'm hoping it has something to do with the time period after World War II.

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
Here was the 2013 CSSA question:

"After the Bomb: A time of threat, but also a time of opportunity for new evaluations, new solutions and new ways of representing them.
To what extent does this statement hold true for TWO of your prescribed texts and TWO texts of your own choosing?"
Very easy question for ATB, hopefully this is similar to the HSC

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
They have asked for personal and political in their 2009 paper. I hope it's kept general because that will be a lifesaver lol
how does one even begin to talk about personal and political?

idk I think that's broad as well, personal thought and political thought? I have disillusionment (with humanity,traditional values, govt) and ideology (mas morphing and absolute) that I can adapt to pretty much anything

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
how are you guys preparing?
Remembering my essay/quotes/arguments and having a few creative writing techniques and ideas to work around. I finished all my work for the subject last week, but it is so boring writing one hour practise essay :x

ZSP

HSC
N/A
lucky! i just keep putting it off so many prepared related texts so i can't choose! and the past essays are ok but i'm starting a whole different thing with the prisoner == so much work to be done

bui123

HSC
how does one even begin to talk about personal and political?
Well after going through that paper with my teacher, she said that this is where you have to focus on the interplay of specifically the personal and political paradigms, but also reference the others i.e. scientific and religious to elaborate your answer.

But I guess everyone has different interpretations of questions.

Phyrox

HSC
N/A
I was just wondering, in an Ext essay, are you allowed to abbreviate the titles of long-named texts? Such as "The Spy Who Came In From The Cold", can you abbreviate it to TSWCIFTC? Are you allowed to abbreviate any title for that matter?

Last edited:

glacer

HSC
^ my teacher told me not to use abbreviations but rather shorten the name of the text i.e. write spy

RafH

HSC
Uni Grad
Here was the 2013 CSSA question:

"After the Bomb: A time of threat, but also a time of opportunity for new evaluations, new solutions and new ways of representing them.
To what extent does this statement hold true for TWO of your prescribed texts and TWO texts of your own choosing?"
Very easy question for ATB, hopefully this is similar to the HSC

easy? What was your argument? Can i just say that it is only true to some extent as the era was mainly a time of threat and led to the destruction of morality, religious values and economic stability...but also provided new opportunities for new evaluations and new ways of representation to an extent as seen through the diverse range of textual forms and features utilised by the composers'

Does that make any sense and/or answer the question?? =/

Candidate

HSC
easy? What was your argument? Can i just say that it is only true to some extent as the era was mainly a time of threat and led to the destruction of morality, religious values and economic stability...but also provided new opportunities for new evaluations and new ways of representation to an extent as seen through the diverse range of textual forms and features utilised by the composers'

Does that make any sense and/or answer the question?? =/
My two related texts were far more insightful and better suited to the ATB syllabus and the actual question, so I was lucky. For my related texts I was able to discuss the themes of hope and future prosperity and the disillusionment of religious institutions. I only studied the night before for the essay and had nothing memorised, but my related texts carried me to a 20/25.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)