AFL Trade Period (1 Viewer)

the_one_1

HSC
Also like to raise the point that I believe that Heath Shaw will go to GEELONG.
The guy is too competitive. Premierships over money.
never know. Could end up in gold coast for all we know. Anything could happen during trade period.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Tbh I reckon Franklin to GWS would be better for AFL here in Sydney than Franklin to Swans.

Swans premiers 2014!

the_one_1

HSC
Tbh I reckon Franklin to GWS would be better for AFL here in Sydney than Franklin to Swans.

Swans premiers 2014!
Well we can most likely say that the swans premiership chances have probably tripled after Franklin moving to Swans. Though, if Mumford moves, it might make a huge difference all together.

the_one_1

HSC
Done deal but the clubs are sorting it out.

'The 27-year-old is coming off contract, meaning GWS can snaffle him with the No.1 pick in the pre-season draft if the two clubs are unable to agree on a trade.
However Cameron expected there would be no issue working out a suitable deal with the Swans and that Mumford would officially become a Giant during the trade period, which starts on Monday.'

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/shane-mumford-to-join-giants-20131002-2ushd.html#ixzz2hE0Ozqrc
Its trade period now, not the pre-season draft yet, meaning he is not officially a Giants but a deal is made and is more than likely being accepted.

Also it's not on the link I posted meaning it is not made official (this is coming straight from the AFL) (Filter the clubs to Giants and view their successful trades)...

Last edited:

the_one_1

HSC
The article was saying that even if the Swans and Giants don't reach an agreement, they will acquire him through the pre-season draft.
This is relevant to trade period as they're negotiating proper compensation i'm assuming, but it is in the Swan's best interest because they will receive nothing as he will just get picked up in the pre-season draft. I was only explaining that the Mumford deal is a formality.
So he is going to the Giants anyway. Now that the Swans have Buddy, it will have to mean that he is definitely moving in the trade with one of their picks being given. If he is selected in the pre-season draft, he can still be taken by another team and not the Giants as the pre-season draft allows teams to select all the other delisted and un-contracted players which they feel will fit into their cap and will play well in their tactics.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Haha, I just had a funny thought (which won't happen) but imagine if Barry Hall came out of retirement and joined GWS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)