aero1560???? (1 Viewer)

bubu

ok i jus want some advise as to how do u actualli study for this uos

kc doesnt give out lecture notes, how do u study for the end of semester exam

apparently i heard that he is a soft marker.... is this true

i cant even tape his lectures, and i cant imagine myself writing everythin he says cause i write relativeli slower than how fast he talks

thanks

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
1. You take notes, you read them.
2. There is no end of semester exam.
3. No, he's quite the opposite.
4. Learn to write faster.

bubu

so how does he actualli test us
to give us a mark???

i want d's from him

is it even possible

also do u still want to sell that engg1803 book- it is the black one right,

my email is kingofjet@hotmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
There are two assignments, weighted at a total of maybe 45%, then the design, build, fly which is like 30%, then a couple of quizzes and a lab test.

It's possible, but difficult.

bubu

oh geez... u mean a rc plane, and we have to supply all the stuff

wouldnt that be inexcess of like 500 to make

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You get given a balloon which is 90cm across, and you have to build an airframe around it to carry the most mass across a 10m distance in the least amount of time. Last year I think my group got 200+g in 10 seconds or so.

bubu

oh.... is it the same every year

also jus wondering is ur engg1803 math book still available

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, but I'll have to find it, should be able to get it to you by Monday if you're interested.

bubu

ok np... i have to see wats the difference between the custom pack which is 80.95 and jus the book,79.95

http://www.coop-bookshop.com.au/boo..._next_page_=GetSingleBook&_key_=9787777771678

thats the website for prof. eng. pack... which im guessing has the book plus other stuff

i'm goin to the co-op shop tommorrow to see wats in the pack and wat difference there is

i'll get back to u

edit: i would be interested if i can get the book for 50

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
say the actual subject name of the UoS 10 times over in your head and then re-read your initial post.

antarctic

HSC
I'm not sure if this year's AERO1560 cohort are doing the design-build-fly (although it's a distinct possibility, since the aero structures lab is being occpied by other people). If you do end up doing the DBF, there assessment's pretty much what WAF's described. If not, it is likely that the assessment would be based on some other practical, hands-on activity.
D's are definately possible in AERO1560, just be prepared to work hard - putting in about 5-6 hours a week at uni and approximately that much (or a bit more) at home (on average, that is - you'll be doing alot less sometimes, and alot more at other times, especially before assignments are due).
As for whether KC's a hard or soft marker, it's all relative - he's a rather hard marker when you compare with a subject like ENGG1801, but he's okay when you compare his marking schemes with other UoS. Just a note - most of the time, the marking will be done by the tutors, not KC himself.

Regards

bubu

oh yep, its a design, build and fly

almost exactli like last year although this year its a 1m balloon and we get to make the parts out of a toy car and we get to have guiding systems... unlike last year as the cohort looked at last years attempts... when it says where allowed propulsion systems unlike last year wat does that mean... can we have an external propulsion system so that we have a prop that went on the motor and other propulsion systems that are independant of the ones that they made last year....

bubu

oh yeah waf

on friday i went to co-op and the book is 80 ad there were quite alot of them

so did u go and look

email me a message if possible thanks

edit: they dont have the custom pack in stock so all they have is the book which is 79.95

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)