advice (1 Viewer)

wahashtini

Hey ive just read up on Bachelor of engineering/b of med Sci. Also on B of Engineering/ B Of business. Both are 5 yr courses. Can sum1 gimme sum advice on these plz, the good side and bad side of them, and how difficult it is to study, and wat wud i end up doing as i job aftrer i finish?
tinkyu

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
hey wahash :) engineering at uts i heard is the hardest out of all of them.
i think unsw is more into the creative side of engineering. u can make all of them. i think.

but uts engineering is good. but i dont know much about it so i wont say much

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
wahashtini said:
Hey ive just read up on Bachelor of engineering/b of med Sci. Also on B of Engineering/ B Of business. Both are 5 yr courses. Can sum1 gimme sum advice on these plz, the good side and bad side of them, and how difficult it is to study, and wat wud i end up doing as i job aftrer i finish?
tinkyu

um well med sci is a huge course....full of heaps of work and so it might be hectic doign engineering and med sci....then again buisness is hectic too......id say med and enginnering go togther better though...it depends..theyre r too very diff courses....do u like buisness or do u like bio, chem and that kind of stuff, sciency stuff......

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Like jou said its busy, more busier than someone doing just BE. If you want to do The BEDipE that would add on another year. From what I've seen from friends and thats common is that Med Science and BE you start Med Sci subjects in the first semester. For BE/BB, they usually add make it 5 subjects in the second semester. You can change whatever you want to do..like subjects you can switch around for BB. One classmate didn't like engineering at all when she discovered it, so she did one eng subject and the rest BB subjects during her second semester, when its normally BE subjects and one BB subject. I think that its possible to do..if you work hard and have some intelligence you can do well with both double degrees. How well you do and how you cope depends upon yourself (I'm an example, so far not as good as I could have done I think :p).

Hope it helped!

chinkyleesa

better late than never

hey..

having graduated from software engineering.. not sure if engineering has changed at all.

engineering by itself with the EngDipPrac is 5yrs n its really good because you are forced to do one years worth of work experience b4 u graduate, which makes u a step ahead of all the other grads when u apply for those graduate roles. It may also be really tough tho to apply for a full time job while you havent finished your degree, but the challenge of actually doing so is really rewarding. (most people end up finding something... give about a whole semesters worth of trying to find a job... take into consideration that.. it takes a good 3mths+ these days for grads to actually find a job in the first place)

if you want to do a double without the EngDipPrac, make sure you actually want to dip your hands into BOTH those courses, either Med Sci or Business... I do not know anyone who did double in Med Sci (it wasnt offered when I was at uni) but I have a great number of friends who did Biz, who end up finding Biz alot more interesting and in a sense easier than Engineering.

U also gotta consider y u r doing a double, in a double instead of doing 4 subjects of 6credit points, u end up doing 5 subjects of 6credit points (for eng) or 5 subjects of 8credit points (for business)..... or maybe they have changed the credit point system.

I would say that Med Sci is hard... n teaming that with Engineering would be all study n no play. Keep in mind that university is 5 years.. ... its a long time if u end up failing one subject or another... good advice, dont kill yourself if u end up failing one or two subjects...HEHAEHEAE.. it happens.

a good balance of parttime work, study and play will make for a happy life.

doing a double degree will increase your employability in the fields u've chosen.
so u will have an advantage of whichever field u choose.

hope that helps.

king04

Purp|e said:
so whos thinking about engineering @ uts ... and what course ? :)

Hi there purple.. i think im in for uts civil engineering... how bout u? Anyone else gonna join me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)